Where To Buy Automatic Voltage Regulator Pattaya

silentnine

Hi all

i've been suffering power problems in my house just outside pattaya near mabprachan lake for nearly a year

voltage most of the tiem between 170v and 180v

I bought 2 UPS units today to try and cope with some of the problems it creates . but the input voltage on the house frequntly drops below what the UPS seems to recognise as acceptable input and then just beeps like hel_l until it has no power left in itself

even the microwave is unsusble sometimes

my reading of the forums make me think i need to buy automatic voltage regulators ?

where in pattaya can i buy these ? and what a are they called in thai

or is it the other thing called ferroresonant transformers i need .

8:30pm tonight and the power is sitting at 167 volts .

Edited by silentnine

Can't answer your question but have used such units in another lifetime - they are not cheap and can have there own problems.

Have you talked with the electric people? If might be cheaper in the long run to buy a new transformer (or go in with others to share). Normally it is too much draw on a transformer pulling the voltage down (unless you are a long distance away from the transformer).

For now you can probably get those UPS units to work if you use a step up transformer to feed them. Your normal voltage is probably very close to there minimum and if it drops a little the UPS function takes over. I would not recommend the same for whole house as that would be the day they fix your supply and your lights turn to fireworks.

Edited by lopburi3