Camera Shop

Globalguppy

Dropped my camera while on motorbike while doing 40k, yes stupid but now saddened, as it's my newest purchase and I use it everyday of my life.

Can anyone recommend a place to repair my little Canon Powershot 880. It fell but amazingly this awesome little camera suffered no damage to the screen, however non of the buttons really work and it just takes pictures on it's own.

Is there a shop that anyone here can recommend? Last time my camera fell in a pool of water and every camera shop I went to said it was unrepairable, and then just offered me to buy new ones from there shop, luckily after drying out over night it worked again.

I just want somewhere honest and helpful to go to.

Thanks for any input...!!! :)

I have had 2 cameras repaired by the Big Camera shop group. Not expensive, but takes for ever... In reality, 2 months for the estimate and another month for the repair.

Recently I damaged the Casio I bought from Photo Hut group. Their estimate was 4 weeks and a two week repair time promise. They said it was not covered by Warrenty, and I would agree as not genuine Wear and Tear.

Dropped my camera while on motorbike while doing 40k, yes stupid but now saddened, as it's my newest purchase and I use it everyday of my life.

Can anyone recommend a place to repair my little Canon Powershot 880. It fell but amazingly this awesome little camera suffered no damage to the screen, however non of the buttons really work and it just takes pictures on it's own.

Is there a shop that anyone here can recommend? Last time my camera fell in a pool of water and every camera shop I went to said it was unrepairable, and then just offered me to buy new ones from there shop, luckily after drying out over night it worked again.

I just want somewhere honest and helpful to go to.

Thanks for any input...!!! :)

Reminds me of the time a bottle of soy sauce in the door pocket of my wagon leaked and swamped my Cybershot.

With nothing to lose, I thought why not rinse it off.

Removed memory stick and battery, rinsed in fresh water till it came clear.

Put in hot water cupboard for a few days.

Blimey it is still going 3 years on, was amazed.

Edited by Zpete

Wasn't exactly brave.

I had previous experience.

I wear hearing aids, once dived in the tide wearing them.

Being brine, salt content would stuff them pronto.

Rinsed them thoroughly under running water, let them dry in the sun.

Hey presto, they worked again.

Ditto my cybershot.

Thanks, could anyone tell me where this place is?

Holy shizer! 2 months!!!

I'm going to Bangkok this week perhaps I can just gut out the middle man...

Check out their website www.bigcamera.co.th. National company, but sadly their website has no English Laguage, but you may be able to work it out, or get a friend to read it for you.