Visa To Australia

My wife and I want to go to on a holiday to Oz to see my brother. I am a Kiwi (NZ) so I have no problem. Is it hard for my wife (Thai) to get a tourist visa. There is a mob in Pattaya that said that they can gurantee a visa, but for a whopping 45000bahts. Any suggestions or recommendations.

Thanks

hi Mclovin

If they say they are unable to do this as there is no way they can say that so stay clear of them . and the price is too much. should be around $1000.00 oz.......Bridge migration i can recommend. they will say after looking at what you want and then see if it can be done or not. then they will lwet you know and then off you go....

that would be my advice if you dont feel you can do it yourself.

cheers

mick

Don't waste your money get the forms and do it all yourself it is not hard just make sure you answer every question thoughtfully and correctly it is when you dont answer question or supply proof that you have problems.

I would never pay agent for this service just do your homework.

If you have been married for some time and your wife has job and/or other reasons to return to Thailand it should not be that hard. The main concern is wether she will come back to Thailand or do a runner in OZ. Another issue that may come up is wether she is just wanting to go to OZ to work in the sex industry.

Good luck

If you are genuine, you & your wife shouldnt have any problems getting a visa for Oz.

Like already posted save your money & do it yourself. Its not that hard, If you can read other post here & see what others have done you are halfway there

The more info you can produce the better it would be.

Photos, other trips together, a good reason to return to Thailand & able to support yourselves while in Oz are some of the thing they would be looking for.

Good luck

I take it you are a resident of NZ.....

Include in the application, a letter from you stating that you are travelling together and your plans....a certified copy of your passport front page.

If you are funding the trip then fill out the appropriate section for additional funds provider on the form.

Supply photos etc...

Supply any other documentation that supports the application.

It is not hard to get a visa, will take about 6 working days to process.

Edited by gburns57au

I am aussie, when my Gf came over she applied at the Aussie embassy in BKK, they were pretty good, but were stalling on the Visa. I wrote them a letter explaining we, will not be a drain on the aussie econmy health system ect, comply with all national, state and local laws, acts in a moral and ethical manner ect They issued the visa shortly afterwards.

I had two tourist visas to Australia for my TGF. They did not even call her in for an interview. Just make sure all your paper work is correct. On Tuesday and Thursday between 2.30-4.30 pm they will review your application at the Australia visa application centre and give some advice is your paper work is not correct. Don't use agents!

My wife and I want to go to on a holiday to Oz to see my brother. I am a Kiwi (NZ) so I have no problem. Is it hard for my wife (Thai) to get a tourist visa. There is a mob in Pattaya that said that they can gurantee a visa, but for a whopping 45000bahts. Any suggestions or recommendations.

Thanks

Really you should be able to get through it yourself. Get your brother to send you an

invitation letter saying that he is inviting both of you to come and stay with him and

include it in the application. If your wife is working or studying you will want a letter

from the employer/institution too. Apart from that all you will need is bank statements.

And a letter from you guaranteeing to pay costs if your wife doesn't have a healthy

personal bank account at the moment.

If you want help, I can recommend Bridge migration as well. It's run by a very conscientious

Australian ex-copper turned lawyer. He'll do the right thing by you.

I had two tourist visas to Australia for my TGF. They did not even call her in for an interview. Just make sure all your paper work is correct. On Tuesday and Thursday between 2.30-4.30 pm they will review your application at the Australia visa application centre and give some advice is your paper work is not correct. Don't use agents!

Agreed - all agents do is tell you to fill in the same forms that you would have to fill in if you did the whole thing yourself. They have absolutely no influence on the decision and whether or not you get your visa.

To the OP - save your hard earned cash - do it yourself.

It is relatively simple. My wife and I went to Australia one month ago. We went to the Australian visa centre on Sathorn Road on a Wednesday morning and Saturday afternoon they sent her passport back with visa to our address by messenger (at a cost of course - THB 180.-).

Download the form, download the instructions and follow them exactly. About sponsorship, I enclosed copy of my passport, work permit, bank statement.

Do not use any agents.

We did it a couple of years ago ourself & got the visa in 2 days. I actually attached a letter of financial support for the gf to her application, along with some details about myself and my financial situation. Couldnt of been easier.

If in Melbourne check-out the 'immigration' foot bridge across the Yarra river. It has plaques up for a host of different nations with a listing of what they've contributed to Australia. I shit you not for Thailand it's got 'wives' listed! Some angry lesbian sat on that government panel...

Thanks

Thanks

Dont bother wasting your money on these so called gurenteed visas,believe me its a con mate,my advice is go and do yourself,much cheaper and you wont get ripped off,there is no such thing as a gurenteed visa unless they know someone in the visa section that takes a back hander,but as you proberly know many bullshit about knowing people in high places so my advice is stay away from so called visas serive agencies mate