Should I Try Upgrading My True Package?

Dancali

I have the 512/256 connection which works quite a bit better than dialup though I would pay good money to get a faster and reliable connection.

True claims that they can now upgrade my system to the 4mb/512 service. If I got even close to 1mb/512 that would be a big step up. But I don't know if I'm ready for the headaches that might ensue when I try to upgrade. When true first did their change back in the day to the unlimited service my previously reliable service basically didn't work for a month. They initially said I could get the fast package back then but they eventually said there were technical reasons why I had to stick with the 512/256 service.

Should I go for it or could I end up with a worse connection than I have now after lots of headaches? :o

Why not try signing in using the @TRUE2M rather than @TRUEHISP and see how that works. It should be a solid 2 megs if your circuit is good and will only cost 25 baht an hour to check out. If you do not get much better speed than now I would not even try an upgrade.

Why not try signing in using the @TRUE2M rather than @TRUEHISP and see how that works.  It should be a solid 2 megs if your circuit is good and will only cost 25 baht an hour to check out.  If you do not get much better speed than now I would not even try an upgrade.

I have tried the @true2m but it doesn't seem to be able to log in for me. This might have something to do with how my sign in is still xxxx@trueadsl . When they did the switchover, @truehisp never worked for me so they had me stick with @trueadsl.

The package upgrade speeds are only applicable within Thailand, so if you have a 4mb/512k or a 512/256k package, your still going to hit the bottleneck on international bandwidth. @TRUE2M is supposedly a guaranteed pipe to international bandwidth, but....as if. They should be able to switch packages immediately over the phone, that is, unless its time for porksticks and somtom.

The package upgrade speeds are only applicable within Thailand, so if you have a 4mb/512k or a 512/256k package, your still going to hit the bottleneck on international bandwidth. @TRUE2M is supposedly a guaranteed pipe to international bandwidth, but....as if. They should be able to switch packages immediately over the phone, that is, unless its time for porksticks and somtom.

They have indicated I will have no adsl internet access for 7 days as they upgrade me. Pretty ridiculous but that's what they say.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They have indicated I will have no adsl internet access for 7 days as they upgrade me

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is like a new installation. They wil have to investigate if the network cables

in your area support the higher speed.

Many people don't understand that a higher package doesn't mean a higher speed than a lower package.

The difference in the packages is that the higher packages hit (for a very short time unfortunately) higher peaks.

But as the True network is overloaded, no improvements maybe be noticed (unless you use the modem dialog to check the incoming/outcoming data speed to your modem).

True2M is indeed a good solution. But I for one am not prepared to pay extra if I am alerady paying 1,150 pm for a 2.5 mbs.

I would say if you download al ot from tucows at pacific.net.th, go for the 4M. Else than that .... consider wisely.

Edited by sniffdog