Investigation Into Police Torture Of A Suspect To Have Him Confess

sriracha john

Lets get something straight. What the USA did to the enemy combatants is no where near as bad as what the Thai police do to their criminals. Bush treated the enemy combatants ten times better than Thailand does to its' criminals. I can just imagine what Thailand does to its' enmey combatants in the south. Guantomino bay is a country club compared to the Thai prison system.

Bringing up torture crimes of other countries is just the Thai apologists same old lame attempts at distracting from the very real and horrendous problem Thailand has with human rights violations. Keep this thread on track, it's about Thailand.

Listen Mr. Laughing man, go take a laugh. We should compare Thailand to other countries to show how it should behave itself. If you read the book, "Welcome to the Bangkok Hilton", you will know that the Iris Bloke experienced similar circumstances.

Judging by the answers there seem to be differnt kinds of torture, in my book that is not so.

There is the type of torture that is done for enjoyment. There is the type that is used to save innocent lives. Everything is not black and white. :D

Yes, a very legit reason, since torture will make people tell everything even lies, just to make it stop.

But since you think it is OK to save lives with that method, I am sure you will not mind it being introduced at your local home police department in the case of kidnapping or hostage situations.

You really don't realize that prisons and jails in the US - and pretty much everywhere else - torture people every single day?

After you have had 5 brutal thugs - in police uniform - shock you and beat the he11 out of you with clubs and then throw you in a cold/hot room naked with only a bucket to defocate in - for weeks at a time with no windows and no human contact - "waterboarding" for 15 minutes will seem like surfboarding in comparison. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

Bringing up torture crimes of other countries is just the Thai apologists same old lame attempts at distracting from the very real and horrendous problem Thailand has with human rights violations. Keep this thread on track, it's about Thailand.

Listen Mr. Laughing man, go take a laugh. We should compare Thailand to other countries to show how it should behave itself. If you read the book, "Welcome to the Bangkok Hilton", you will know that the Iris Bloke experienced similar circumstances.

What is your point? You mention the story of the Bangkok Hilton like it has some relevance? I just said we should talk about Thailand and you insist I find out about.... a story in Thailand. Are you missing a clue here?

What is your point? You mention the story of the Bangkok Hilton like it has some relevance? I just said we should talk about Thailand and you insist I find out about.... a story in Thailand. Are you missing a clue here?

Well, I think you name yourself correctly, Mr laughman. Dude, The Bloke was treated ten times worse then the Thai bloke in the Roong Payabaan now. Read the Book. The point is they waited for now to bring this up, when the Irish Bloke experienced this in the late 90's. He was electro-shocked in the male private area and tortured like he was a terrorist confessing to an act of that nature. Wake Up, Mr Laugh man!

Edited by britainmal

Well, I think you name yourself correctly, Mr laughman. Dude, The Bloke was treated ten times worse then the Thai bloke in the Roong Payabaan now. Read the Book. The point is they waited for now to bring this up, when the Irish Bloke experienced this in the late 90's. He was electro-shocked in the male private area and tortured like he was a terrorist confessing to an act of that nature. Wake Up, Mr Laugh man!

And again I have no idea why you are telling me this. Let me explain it to you clearly. I agree with you completely, who are you raving at exactly? If you are too excited to see it clearly my stance is that Thailand has a huge problem with human rights violations and that Thai apologists (that would be people that feel Thais can do no wrong) should not bring up completely unrelated stories about other countries to try and distract from the problem in Thailand and infer that "it's ok since other countries have done it too". T he occurences in other countries are only a small fraction of what it is here and in other countries they at least investigate whereas here nothing is ever done and nobody is ever brought to justice. You seem to agree right? That Thailand has a huge problem with human rights violations which is why you keep bringing up the story of the falang tortured by the Thai police in Thailand right? I hope this is finally clear enough for you, or maybe not?