Which Of The Beaches To Stay On

I've stayed several times at a small bungalow complex at the very south of Chaweng. It's called Sans Souci and it's really friendly and they include a good breakfast. Last time I went it was 1000 baht for me alone. Guess you'd be looking at around 1500 for your family but you can negotiate of course.

:o

We are off to Ko Samui in April for two weeks.

Going to be with wife  ( Thai ) and daughter, what of the beaches will best suit us to stay on ??

And any hotel ideas would be good ????? Prepared to pay from 600 upto 2000 baht per night or

Thanks in advance

You don't say how old either you, your wife, or daughter are which could make a difference. Yes Chaweng is bustling but for me is a little too busy. Lamai is really nice with enough happening for anyone. For a very quiet time try Lipa Noi or somewhere on the west coast. Regarding accomodation, if you are willing to pay 1000 baht you will be in the lap of luxury! Have a great time...

Edited by suegha

Personally, I would highly recommend Lamai - have stayed there with the Thai GF several times (6 I think). It's got some decent bars a club or two, some great resaurants and also the ubiquitous girlie bars found in all tourist destinations.

I'd also highly recommend a place called Sea Breeze Bungalows (Tel +66 77 424258 - if I remember correctly) which has a bar and restaurant on the premises.

You can get a really good bungalow with air-con / hot water (no tv though) for a basic rate of THB 1000 per night - they'll give a discount for stays of 1 week plus if you ask. They'll also put an extra bed in the room if you want - not sure about any extra charges though.

Give them a call and ask for Pia (owner / manager) or Honey who both speak good / passable english and tell them what you want. Alternatively get the missus to phone to make sure it meets her requirments.

Hope you have a great stay wherever you end up

We are off to Ko Samui in April for two weeks.

Going to be with wife  ( Thai ) and daughter, what of the beaches will best suit us to stay on ??

And any hotel ideas would be good ????? Prepared to pay from 600 upto 2000 baht per night or

Thanks in advance

Chaweng beach in my opinion is pretty unbeatable worldwide, its a great beach with a good selection of bars on the beach many of which serve you food and drink 'thai style'on kind of raised tables you sit on with cushions and bolsters to lean on. Magic especially at dusk, plenty of happy hours.. I also stayed in Lamai OK place but beach pretty dead , I think boring would be a good word,

In Chaweng I stayed at chaweng gardens beach hotel , big selection of types of accomodation with pretty luxy aircon bungalows for around 900 bht. It is in a great position in the very centre of town on the beach, it is therefore not very 'quiet' with distant bass sounds til 2am, ( Thailand in general I find not very quiet).

email: [email protected] (I think).

In Lamai I stayed Lamai inn ,99, on the beach, in the centre of town also very diverse accommodation within your price range search google: lamai inn. Was a good quality place to stay however building work next door last November, Noise!

Edited by fisherd3