Thai Cosulates In Asia-pac Region

On what basis do you have to get the non-o? Unless it is for marriage or having a Thai child you will not get it from KL. And sometimes for being over 50.

It's for marriage. I am just making contingency plans for the eventuality of not getting an extension of stay in August.

And, yes, I am over 50, but don't have a large amount in the bank.

Edited by comeonuspurs

You can get it in KL or Penang. You will need to show a bank book with about 100,000 baht in the account.

Are you aware that you can now show 400,000 baht in the bank for an extension based upon marriage.

You can get it in KL or Penang. You will need to show a bank book with about 100,000 baht in the account.

Are you aware that you can now show 400,000 baht in the bank for an extension based upon marriage.

Yes, I was aware, but that's the problem, I don't have 400,000 bt in a bank and my pensions only make about 453,000 bt

at the current rate of exchange(less than the 40,000 a month needed. Would I have to show money in bank for a 3 month single?

For a single entry you can even get one for being over 50. No need to show any money. You can get a single entry at most consulates.

Edit: The consulate would also accept an income letter from you embassy also even though it did not meet 40K requirement.

For a single entry you can even get one for being over 50. No need to show any money. You can get a single entry at most consulates.

Edit: The consulate would also accept an income letter from you embassy also even though it did not meet 40K requirement.

Thanks. So if I had an income letter from the British Embassy would that suffice for the one year multy or just back up my single entry application?

It can be used for the multiple entry visa. There was a recent report of it being accepted in KL. It would be best to have a bank book as a back up to show that some money has come into the account.