Farang Friendly Visa Run Service

bhatmasterson

I've tried to reach this service which I found in the Thavisa classified section, using the 2 phone numbers listed. Both appear to be wrong numbers. Has anyone tried this service before or have a working phone number for them?

I won't post the numbers from the add because the woman who answers seems to be a bit bothered. She's getting quite a few calls about this.

“FARANG FRIENDLY” “Efficient & Comfortable” Visa Run transport service going to Mae Sai and Vientiane in a VIP Minibus. Luxury Van with flat-screen t.v., English...

Chiang Mai/Chiang mai, Price: 800 THB,

Farang friendly... So I suppose Japanese or other citizens of other non-Western countries need not apply? Or, as opposed to Thais who might want to go on a visa run service? :)

When an ad for a service is worded with such obvious cluelessness about Thailand, then I have a lot of trouble to take it seriously. No wonder the number doesn't exist anymore.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

The only thing I could find about Farang Friendly is their website and an Email adres:

chiangmaivisarun.com

[email protected]

An other company in Chiang Mai who do visa runs;

Placing a Reservation, or just making an Enquiring about a Visa Run Day couldn't be easier, just email your inquiry, or the day you wish to travel, and leave the rest to us

WE NOW RUN EVERY DAY

750 Baht per Person

We Look Forward to Seeing You

www.freewebs.com/visarun-chiangmai-maesai

Email; [email protected]

Email; [email protected]

Tel; 0806 705944

(Telephone Line Not Staffed Sunday's)

With both company's I have no experience.

Good luck!

You don't need to pay a visa run company to get a visa at Mae Sai or Vientianne. It couldn't be easier and the procedure couldn't be more well-documented than it is on TV.

Unless the goalposts have been moved again, you will not get any visa at Mae Sai in the stricter sense of the word "visa." You may get 15 days single-entry permission, you may get your double-entry "real visa" from somewhere else checked off, and be able to re-enter.

And, unless the game has been changed : after three trips to Mae Sai in a six months period : they will tell you that you must leave the country and go somewhere like Vientiane and apply for a "real" visa.

best, ~o:37;

For what it's worth, I believe the 90 days in 180 restriction has been removed... but surely the hassle of going to the border every 2 weeks makes getting a double entry visa from Vientiane worthwhile so I have no idea who would be in a position to confirm.

I've tried to reach this service which I found in the Thavisa classified section, using the 2 phone numbers listed. Both appear to be wrong numbers. Has anyone tried this service before or have a working phone number for them?

I won't post the numbers from the add because the woman who answers seems to be a bit bothered. She's getting quite a few calls about this.

"FARANG FRIENDLY" "Efficient & Comfortable" Visa Run transport service going to Mae Sai and Vientiane in a VIP Minibus. Luxury Van with flat-screen t.v., English...

Chiang Mai/Chiang mai, Price: 800 THB,

Yes, the "farang friendly" visa transport service is still in action. First off, bahtmasterson, I want to thank you again for alerting me to the issue with the phone numbers via our email address. I did not realize those phone numbers were actually being put on the ads--I thought they were going to show the email address. I do a lot of things online, and sometimes I get tired of websites always requiring a phone number, so sometimes I just type in random numbers to get through to the ad. Lesson learned. :-)

I went back and changed the ads where I could, but as Thavisa.com does not require an account to post a classified, I can find no way to edit them all unless I have an email coming directly from the ad (many such emails were already deleted). We apologize to anyone who has been inconvenienced by this matter, and all our most current ads on Thaivisa now have a legitimate phone number displayed.

I would post that number here along with our website, but as I understand that is against forum rules for companies who are not thaivisa sponsors. We look forward to offering you our unique service in the future.

Cheers!

You don't need to pay a visa run company to get a visa at Mae Sai or Vientianne. It couldn't be easier and the procedure couldn't be more well-documented than it is on TV.

This is very true. You can certainly take a bus up and do the whole trip on your own--or for even more of an adventure, try it on a motorcycle! In fact, I prefer winging it when traveling as well, and I don't even mind the services where you choke on hot dusty air and rock out to Thai country tunes the whole way. But the fact of the matter is we and many others have seen the looks on the faces of our fellow expat passengers and heard the complaints, so it is clear that some people would much rather travel in comfort and style, and when you're forced into a two-day dash to the border and back when you may not even want to make the trip, it is certainly understandable.

Cheers!

Farang friendly... So I suppose Japanese or other citizens of other non-Western countries need not apply? Or, as opposed to Thais who might want to go on a visa run service? :)

When an ad for a service is worded with such obvious cluelessness about Thailand, then I have a lot of trouble to take it seriously. No wonder the number doesn't exist anymore.

Yes, all ethnicities welcome...:-) The "farang friendly" tagline was already being used when we purchased the business, and we just kept it. "Farang" is certainly a loaded word in this country with both negative and positive connotations, and it is an expression that is not going anywhere anytime soon. It is often used in many ways, but you are right, it literally means a foreigner of western descent.

Anyone who has spent some significant time in this country knows that the distinction between farangs and thais is a dynamic force in all social interactions where both groups live. We thought trying to have a little fun with it rather than take it so seriously would be a good way to get our point across, which is that our service is built with the customer in mind. "Farangs" who desire the comforts of home while enjoying their stay in Thailand are a huge market here, and I think one of the major mistakes many companies make is not keeping that in mind when providing a service to them. Sure, this is Thailand, and as guests we know we must adapt to new standards, but from a business standpoint it is best to analyze the expectations of your target market.

That said, this is the second negative comment we've recieved about this phrase, so in the future we may considering doing away with it if it continues to bother people. In my opinion, it pays to have a good sense of humor and not take everything so seriously in Thailand. "Jai yen yen," as they say.

sorry forget the last post. I just called them and it's not running tomorrow :-(

Is there any similar services like this that anybody has a link to? Thanks

Come on....just head on down to Arcade Station around 7 in the morning and get on a bus to Mae Sai. Too late for VIP I'm sure. Buy your return ticket once you arrive. Take a motorcycle taxi to the border at Mae Sai/Tachilek, stamp out of Thailand, stamp into Burma, turn around, take care of your visa business and stamp back into Thailand, get on a sawng-tao back to the bus station. Ride the bus home. You'll be back in Chiang Mai by dinner time. One would have to be brain-dead to not be able to do this simple task on their own.

sorry forget the last post. I just called them and it's not running tomorrow :-(

Come on....just head on down to Arcade Station around 7 in the morning and get on a bus to Mae Sai. Too late for VIP I'm sure. Buy your return ticket once you arrive. Take a motorcycle taxi to the border at Mae Sai/Tachilek, stamp out of Thailand, stamp into Burma, turn around, take care of your visa business and stamp back into Thailand, get on a sawng-tao back to the bus station. Ride the bus home. You'll be back in Chiang Mai by dinner time. One would have to be brain-dead to not be able to do this simple task on their own.

That last line hits the nail on the head, elektrified.

I'm not as old and wise as you folk so I just wanted to make sure my first visa run to Mae Sai would be easy. As I've now seen how simple it is I will probably try and take my motorbike up there next time and make a day of it. Lets hope i'm not too brain-dead on that day or I'm afraid I might never return :)

Edited by adgroom

• 2 weeks later...

I need information on any visa run transport service that runs from CM to Vientiane.

One that provide comfortable minibus transportation including hotel accommodation, even better if they can also guide with the paperwork there.

I've tried to contact the "farang friendly" chiangmaivisarun.com but unfortunately they don't have any schedule to Vientiane between 13-15 July.

I've also asked to some travel services in taphae gate area, but they don't have such service.

Is there anyone here who is going to Vientiane next week to get the tourist visa?

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this ad today...

Van for Rent, Visa Runs/ SIghtseeing places, transportation to destination.

Van for rent with driver has many years of experience.If you are looking to rent for travel,personal bussiness across country,even take you to run your visa in Maesai 1 day.Please tell us information and details where you need to go.

If you only need transportation or would like us to take you other places.

Our prices are reasonable.

E-mail or call us at 081-885-4775 We are looking forward to Service you.