F1 Track On Koh Samui

Yeah I will put that submission forward - any more input?

On a serious note, two points just curious about...1 - how are they going to route the track considering the logistics of the area 9still have houses and other smalll venues there), 2 - what will they do with it once the race has come and gone...most land owners in KS are not to keen on just letting the land sit there - unless the payments and cash flow are strong and steady?

Samui could not handle the logistics vehicles needed to hold an F1 race never mind putting down a race track. I for one would love to see Thailand have a world class race track that could attract F1. It would bring in a lot of business to a country in need of it. I have been down the the Malaysian F1 4 times now and makes for a great long weekend. :)

Samui could not handle the logistics vehicles needed to hold an F1 race never mind putting down a race track. I for one would love to see Thailand have a world class race track that could attract F1. It would bring in a lot of business to a country in need of it. I have been down the the Malaysian F1 4 times now and makes for a great long weekend. :)

Hey Dunc! Agreed - LOS could use an F1 Track....

(PS: Pick up your phone - tried to call a few days back!)

in thiory it could work and help develope the island. like in monaco. once a year race round the island. the island gets formular 1 roads. i would like to see it happen. boost toursime.

bring it on.

mind u i herd on the news that the race teams r thinking of pulling out of formular 1 and making thier own race champianship

Big c as said Samui just hasn't the room or the infrastructure to handle an F1 race but building a world class racetrack somewhere in Thailand would be a winner. Songkla would make a good street circuit with them racing over the bridge. Also BigC you heard right in that the 8 teams in the FOTA have pulled out of next year F1. Ferrari, mcLaren, Toyota, red bull, Renault, BMW Sauber and Brawn have announced they will not be racing next year and will be launching their own series. That's shown Max " Whip my butt Mosely " Who's boss!

Classic mate I was helping out with the Regatta last week and managed to drop 2 phones into the drink. Still same number but lost my contacts :)

Big c as said Samui just hasn't the room or the infrastructure to handle an F1 race but building a world class racetrack somewhere in Thailand would be a winner. Songkla would make a good street circuit with them racing over the bridge. Also BigC you heard right in that the 8 teams in the FOTA have pulled out of next year F1. Ferrari, mcLaren, Toyota, red bull, Renault, BMW Sauber and Brawn have announced they will not be racing next year and will be launching their own series. That's shown Max " Whip my butt Mosely " Who's boss!

Classic mate I was helping out with the Regatta last week and managed to drop 2 phones into the drink. Still same number but lost my contacts :)

As long as it wasnt a jug of Chang at the usual meeting place near the pier!

Right will give you a bell when you have a new phone...

And back to the topic.... good to see some of the teams have it right, maybe a step in the right direction? As so far as Samui as a location - mmmmnope...Honestly dont feel it could handle the volume nor meet the demands of the needs of the sport (as Dunc mentioned earlier)

Perhaps they will incorporate the new road bridge between Samui and Koh Phangan :)

Right! (lol) I do believe this was brought to the table a few times over the same mystic bridge concept from Dunsak to KS as well (lol)... Ahh wouldn't a particular ferry company stop that???

But in all honesty - F1 would be a good thing for Thailand. The Premier League has teams visiting - so why not another high profile sport... Really would love to see MotoGP here, not just in Malaysia!

Well, there may be a real split in teams if you read the latest F1 news. So it might well be possible.........May be around the lake road and Soi Reggae....134 laps with 7 pit stops. :D

I have visions of what the grid girls & the entertainment would be like, oh no, I don't want to go there :D 134 laps with 7 pit stops :) Every Pitt stop "" Hellooooooooooooo Welcome" "Where you gooooooooooooooo".

Hey, we got this racetrack already, i't's about 60km long and goes right around the island. The main drivers are sand- and dump-truck racers. Also seen are bald headed farangs without shirt, mainly in small teams.

Edited by Obiwan

F1 Track On Koh Samui, Jensen Button Designing as we Speak

I just heard that a high official from FIAT in Italy (Parent company) mentioned that FERRARI will open a dealership on Samui in 2010; they are negotiating the rent/buy of a showroom annex service outlet in Lamai in or near the the IT complex building.

To share the initial start-up costs they will also sell Maserati, Alfa Romeo, Lancia and Abarth luxury automobiles.

He also mentioned the possibility of introducing the Fiat Doblò car (also called the Fiat Panorama in Singapore) which is made/assembled in -amongst other countries- Vietnam, and which car would be an ideal taxi for the island in the 7-seater version.

The car can be delivered as a front- and four-wheel version or both.

Good news, isn't it ?

LaoPo

F1 Track On Koh Samui, Jensen Button Designing as we Speak

I just heard that a high official from FIAT in Italy (Parent company) mentioned that FERRARI will open a dealership on Samui in 2010; they are negotiating the rent/buy of a showroom annex service outlet in Lamai in or near the the IT complex building.

To share the initial start-up costs they will also sell Maserati, Alfa Romeo, Lancia and Abarth luxury automobiles.

He also mentioned the possibility of introducing the Fiat Doblò car (also called the Fiat Panorama in Singapore) which is made/assembled in -amongst other countries- Vietnam, and which car would be an ideal taxi for the island in the 7-seater version.

The car can be delivered as a front- and four-wheel version or both.

Good news, isn't it ?

LaoPo

yes we get another sales room on the island but what about the track. plenty of sales rooms not enough formular 1 tracks !!!

yes we get another sales room on the island but what about the track. plenty of sales rooms not enough formular 1 tracks !!!

Maybe Koh Phangan or Koh Tao ? :)

LaoPo

Maybe Koh Phangan or Koh Tao ? :D

LaoPo

wheres the race track i need 1 and i need one now!! ooooo give me a race track. i need a rush. maybe they could build it out at sea and make a new sea track on concrete. u think i am off my head but i am serious. the first ever track build on the sea surface. people can watch it on boats :)

Have you ever actually been to an F1 track? :)

How about they just run six or seven laps around the ring road? :D

That would suit the WRC.

The WRC- now THAT would be cool to see on Samui. :D

All you have to do is sit outside the Samui Town Centre in Bophut/Chaweng on the Ring Road for an hour to see what reminds me of the WRC, only with a hel_l of a lot more Idiocy & lack of Brain... :D