Gov't Holiday On July 6th?

Daren

July 7th & 8th are both Buddha days (Assana Bucha and Khao Pansa), which is great! I love Buddha days, but that leaves a lonely Monday of work in the middle of a holiday sandwich. Obviously everyone at my workplace is hoping for a gov't announcement liberating them form their grindstone. Certainly if they don't call it off we'll see an epidemic of epic proportions, and I fear for the health of my fellow works.

So, what do ya think? What are the chances that the powers that be will see the light and make us all very happy little expats?

Edited by Daren

July 7th & 8th are both Buddha days (Assana Bucha and Khao Pansa), which is great! I love Buddha days, but that leaves a lonely Monday of work in the middle of a holiday sandwich. Obviously everyone at my workplace is hoping for a gov't announcement liberating them form their grindstone. Certainly if they don't call it off we'll see an epidemic of epic proportions, and I fear for the health of my fellow works.

So, what do ya think? What are the chances that the powers that be will see the light and make us all very happy little expats?

The school I work for has the 6th off as well. My director told me that the 6th was to be a semi-national holiday to promote and encourage domestic tourism. Other than that I have no official word or source.

I cannot forsee this ever being part of a Thai Government's agenda. :)

I recall hearing that the gov't had declared it a holiday, but I don't have a link to the story. Where I work, it is a holiday, and so help me god, we've never gotten a day off without somebody holding a gun to the owner's head, so it must be a declared holiday!