Wooden Lattice

tixe

I have not seen it around, perhaps due to timber's short life here in the tropics. I would imagine you'd need something with a long life span and one that the termites didn't feast upon.

Yes i agree about the life span bit. I have a large metal gate with gapes between the pailings of about 10cm. I was thinking bamboo but it may not look so good and also be a bugger of a job to put together etc. The other option is that green plastic mesh stuff but that too would look no so good. Any ideas?

I have not seen it around, perhaps due to timber's short life here in the tropics. I would imagine you'd need something with a long life span and one that the termites didn't feast upon.

Yes i agree about the life span bit. I have a large metal gate with gapes between the pailings of about 10cm. I was thinking bamboo but it may not look so good and also be a bugger of a job to put together etc. The other option is that green plastic mesh stuff but that too would look no so good. Any ideas?

With the rain, the bamboo will not last long and will roten quickly, the plastic mesh, after prolonged exposure to the sun will start to crack and shear appart after one or two years. The best stuff so far is Conwood or immitation wood made up of cement, it wont rot and you can find it in different colours, can even be painted too.

its easy to make..I just made some for a grape arbour..but here there is softwood(cedar)...their hardwood is tough to cut, and hard on sawblades.. you need 1 by 2 inch pieces..If you are near our place ( Sukdidet area) I could show you..we're in Phuket next week, carpenter

its easy to make..I just made some for a grape arbour..but here there is softwood(cedar)...their hardwood is tough to cut, and hard on sawblades.. you need 1 by 2 inch pieces..If you are near our place ( Sukdidet area) I could show you..we're in Phuket next week, carpenter

Yes, guess it's possible. Thank you for the info and advice. I shall see how i go and maybe i'll get in contact. Thanks.