Questions About Hiring Thai Staff

Hi All,

please may I ask for some short facts, while I am still in brain storming phase:

What is the normal period of cancellation for Thai staff? What is the regulation by labour law? (I assume it is just hire and fire).

In case I want to lay off staff do I have to pay any compensation? (I assume, there is no compensation).

What insurrance or pension fee the company has to pay for the staff?

What is the average salary for IT-/Business consaltants in Krung Thep or Chiang Mai/Khon Kaen/Udon. (I assume 20,000 THB/month for the northern region, but I do not know about Krung Thep).

I thank you for any facts and information in advance! Best regards!

What is the normal period of cancellation for Thai staff? What is the regulation by labour law? (I assume it is just hire and fire).

Wrong, Thai Labour laws do not allow you to fire at will.

In case I want to lay off staff do I have to pay any compensation? (I assume, there is no compensation).

Wrong, there are scales of compensation depending on length of service.

What insurrance or pension fee the company has to pay for the staff?

It's been a while since I dealt with this, but it's not significant, 5 to 10% of salary, payable monthly, from memory.

What is the average salary for IT-/Business consaltants in Krung Thep or Chiang Mai/Khon Kaen/Udon. (I assume 20,000 THB/month for the northern region, but I do not know about Krung Thep).

You'll have to define "IT-/Business consaltant" a bit more.

Thank you very much for answer!

Wrong, Thai Labour laws do not allow you to fire at will.

As far as I understood I can lay off staff at any time without any special reason if I just pay a severance payment. No selection process, no limited prolongation of fixed-time contracts.

Wrong, there are scales of compensation depending on length of service.

Ok, I've got that.

It's been a while since I dealt with this, but it's not significant, 5 to 10% of salary, payable monthly, from memory.

Ok, thanks for information.