Water Bills

PatinBKk

Water bill normally 170-250 baht, came yesterday...1,235 baht.....supposedly has been free for past 6 months or so......anyway didnt pay and complained....today on the tannoy/loudspeakers we were instructed to go to the fishing village and have it checked...low and behold it is wrong and will be corrected tommorrow....some people had bills of over 4,000 baht......also on the news this morning some family, not sure where but had an electric bill for 41,000 Baht...advise to check all your bills at the moment

Edited by PatinBKk

Yeah the guy with the 41,000 baht electricity bill had been using around the 90 units per month for the last 12 months (thats how long the govt deal has been going since Samak first announced it, i think).

Anyway the numbers don't add up for him either, based on that the bill should of been around the 4,000 range, so I can imagine what a stir that caused in his household, last night :)

Yeah the guy with the 41,000 baht electricity bill had been using around the 90 units per month for the last 12 months (thats how long the govt deal has been going since Samak first announced it, i think).

Anyway the numbers don't add up for him either, based on that the bill should of been around the 4,000 range, so I can imagine what a stir that caused in his household, last night :)

We got a 5,300 baht water bill in May. My wife went down and complained to the water company and they sent someone out to check for leaks and found no problems. They said they must have made a mistake but made us pay 2,500 of the bill and are supposed to figure it out and correct the balance by the end of this month. I'm not holding my breath!

Waiting to see my water bill this month. Apartment owners put new water meter in and after one week it read 64m of water usage. That would equate to over Bt1,000 at their charge. Complained that it wasn't possible for one person without a rice field to use that much water. Was told to wait and see. One week later the meter had only moved one extra unit to 65m.

Spoke to the building manager and she said the pump had been "f_cked up" - which supported my previous experience that too high a pressure running to the meter will cause incorrect readings.

Now waiting for the bill this week.

If you live in a house it will be obvious if you have a water leak as the pump will run constantly. This is what happened to me. The <deleted> that built our nanny's house at the back didn't pile deep enough and the house moved, breaking he water pipes.