Guesthouse Near Sunday-night Walking Street

Tumbo

Hello there

Will have to spend a night in Chiang Mai next month, and I’d love to find a decent guest house near the famous Sunday-Night Walking street area.

One of my mate suggested on Lanna Hotel – it seems good enough but I’d like some where ‘more traditional’ more “Chiang Mai – ish’, ya know.

The budget range will be around 500-1000 THB.

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Cheers

Chiang Mai (within the moat) is pretty small and the Sunday night market is bloody huge! Any guesthouse in or around the moat couldn't be more than 10 mins walk from a bit of night market action.

So many guest houses to choose from. All depends on what sort of thing you are after. If I were you I'd just have a stroll and check out a few.

Good luck!

I doubt you will have to pay more than 150B per night as there are no tourists and the guest houses are lowering the prices by leaps and bounds. A friend of mine here as a tourist just got a guest house for 100B per night in the center of the city with a private bath/hot water, internet and screened windows but I don't know the name. In any case you will have the pick of the litter when you get here.

I can recommend Lai Thai Guest House. The rooms are very comfortable and the staff is very friendly and helpful. It's also very Chiang Mai in terms of decor. Just a short walk up Kotchasarn Road to the Walking Street Market.

Do they still have the 'If you stain the sheets you pay 50baht' notice on the counter? I also thought it was nice until I saw that :)

I can recommend Lai Thai Guest House. The rooms are very comfortable and the staff is very friendly and helpful. It's also very Chiang Mai in terms of decor. Just a short walk up Kotchasarn Road to the Walking Street Market.

Do they still have the 'If you stain the sheets you pay 50baht' notice on the counter? I also thought it was nice until I saw that :D

Haha, yes I do remember that notice! :)

Do they still have the 'If you stain the sheets you pay 50baht' notice on the counter? I also thought it was nice until I saw that :D

That'd be alright with me actually - as I ain't drink tea on bed :)

BTW - Big THANK to y'all mate - really appreciate your help.

BTW 2 - Really? It isn't a tourist-period at the mo? Would be nice then as I might plan to get to the Famous Pai one more time to see "the real pai" .. after I detested it badly when I was there last Dec - Huge mistake - I would say.

The place was overflown with tourists

Any caution on Pai in Wet mate?

Is there a flood or mud-slide warning?!

Cheers guys.

Do they still have the 'If you stain the sheets you pay 50baht' notice on the counter? I also thought it was nice until I saw that :)

What in the world is the reason for that ?????

Don't they usually wash the sheets in between guest turnovers ??? That may explain it

Edited by Gonzo the Face

That'd be alright with me actually - as I ain't drink tea on bed :D

BTW - Big THANK to y'all mate - really appreciate your help.

BTW 2 - Really? It isn't a tourist-period at the mo? Would be nice then as I might plan to get to the Famous Pai one more time to see "the real pai" .. after I detested it badly when I was there last Dec - Huge mistake - I would say.

The place was overflown with tourists

Is there a flood or mud-slide warning?!

Cheers guys.

Thought it was the 762 corners :D, in a mini van on the back seat :) Chiang Mai to Pai.Luckily I sat behind the Driver :D :D

Do not get a guesthouse/villa near the river when it is wet season.

Very chilled and quiet.. liked Pai.

R

Wet or dry, don't argue with the pigs :)

Be careful visiting the waterfall and Pai Canyon.

What in the world is the reason for that ?????

Not entirely sure but it might have something to do with :D and washing sheets by hand :D

Back to the accommodation matter.

One suggested me of “Tha Pae Boutique House” – saying that the place is located right in the walking street area.

Have checked the rate – only 780 THB + BF

Any suggestion on this?

Thank you