Can I Apply For An Extension On The End Of A Re-entry Permit

hi all ,

I originally entered on 2 month TV , then got a re-entry permit stamp & went to Aussie and came back.

My re-entry permit stamp expires on July 14 ....

Can I get any extension on this or do I have to exit & apply for a new TV at a consulate outside ?

tks for any feedback.

Cheers.. :)

You can't extend a re-entry permit and would have to get a new one.

Your re-entry permit expiress the day your permission to stay ends. All a re-netry permit does is keeping your permission to stay alive, when you leave the country. You have to extend your permission to stay in Thailand itself. If you don't return to Thailand before the permission to stay ends you have to get a new visa.

Yes. You should be able to get a 30 days extension on your permission to stay. Go a few days early as you will not lose any days by doing so.

You will be extending your stay as stamped in your passport not the Re Entry Permit.

Cost is 1,900 baht and a photo. It won't be any problem as it is a standerd procedure and doesn't take much time.

ok , thanks Mario2008 & Lite Beer ...

So I am actually extending my previous TV ( 2 month + 1 mth extension ) ?

and this is as a normal TV extension ... the re-enrty permit has nothing to do with this. ?

TIA

cheers, :)

Cost is 1,900 baht and a photo. It won't be any problem as it is a standerd procedure and doesn't take much time.

ok , thanks Mario2008 & Lite Beer ...

So I am actually extending my previous TV ( 2 month + 1 mth extension ) ?

and this is as a normal TV extension ... the re-enrty permit has nothing to do with this. ?

TIA

cheers, :)

Providing it is your original 2 months stay and you have not already extended it.

Correct on re-entry permit.

The 30 day extension of a 60 day entry is a standard procedure for immigration.

You will need a copy of your passport photo page and entry/permit to stay stamps and visa pages. Copy of TM6 departure card. A photo and a completed TM7 form filled out and 1900 baht.

Correct on re-entry permit.

The 30 day extension of a 60 day entry is a standard procedure for immigration.

You will need a copy of your passport photo page and entry/permit to stay stamps and visa pages. Copy of TM6 departure card. A photo and a completed TM7 form filled out and 1900 baht.

Thanks ubonjoe.

regards.

steven.