My Gardener Recently Passed

HenryVIII

My Thai gardener of some years recently took ill and unfortunatle died. However, he often left his gardening tools - including a very nice petrol mower - in my garden outhouse. His family live not to far from my house and his daughter called the othere day asking for his tools to be returned to the family. This has left with a somewhat moral dilema as I now have no gardener and could use the mower to get by for the time being. Should I return his things to his family or should I keep them and continue to let my wifes mother use them to do my garden untill her father gets out of hospital following a quite serious heart operation. (he has said he can cut the grass using hand shears)

Edited by HenryVIII

If you had one iota of decency in ur body, you wouldnt be asking the question.

Anyway, when you go to return the mower & other tools do you think you could get the stats on the daughter & perhaps a pic (I'm thinking she may just need a bit of comforting during these difficult times).

Ask his daughter i you can buy the tools.

They may be happy to have some extra money in such a difficult moment.

Like that you will be happy and you will help them.

Or give back the tools as they don't belong to you.

This should be obvious to you, no ? :)

Edited by isanb

My Thai gardener of some years recently took ill and unfortunatle died. However, he often left his gardening tools - including a very nice petrol mower - in my garden outhouse. His family live not to far from my house and his daughter called the othere day asking for his tools to be returned to the family. This has left with a somewhat moral dilema as I now have no gardener and could use the mower to get by for the time being. Should I return his things to his family or should I keep them and continue to let my wifes mother use them to do my garden untill her father gets out of hospital following a quite serious heart operation. (he has said he can cut the grass using hand shears)

Are you serious?

What a stupid question! are you really that shallow? did you buy the tools? please don't be an idiot and give the man's poor family back what their father worked for!!! This I'm sure is a troll post because I can't imagine anybody in their right mind to even think such a thought!

Are you serious?

Yo toadie, I was serious, the daughter rang him and asked him for a 'tooling'!

I borrow my neighbour's wife when he is off at work each day, and return her later in the afternoon before he comes home. But lately I've enjoyed having her around to do the dishes and house cleaning as well. Do you think my neighbour will mind if I keep her for a few evenings as well?

:):D:D

I borrow my neighbour's wife when he is off at work each day, and return her later in the afternoon before he comes home. But lately I've enjoyed having her around to do the dishes and house cleaning as well. Do you think my neighbour will mind if I keep her for a few evenings as well?

:):D:D

Dangerous, she may want to stay for good. Get the job done during the day and for the evening take another one.

Not nice to keep someone else tools too long :D

I'd keep them and tell the daughter he had loaned all the tools out to his friends before he died.

Paint the mower and carve your initials into all the other tools. Don't forget to mention to the daughter how your gardener had borrowed a new circular saw and a few blades just a few weeks ago that hadn't been returned.

Good luck. :)

Edited by Texpat

Are you serious?

I am guessing that he is thirdeye's more serious later ego. There is no way that he can be serious.

Ain't it about time that you sorted your avatar out?

I'd keep them and tell the daughter he had loaned all the tools out to his friends before he died.

Paint the mower and carve your initials into all the other tools. Don't forget to mention to the daughter how your gardener had borrowed a new circular saw and a few blades just a few weeks ago that hadn't been returned.

Good luck. :D

LOL, you are one funny baaaaastard! :)

Good luck. :D

LOL, you are one funny baaaaastard! :)

But a baaaastard nevertheless. OK Tex is back again. :D

Keep the tools and wait for the BiB to come to your house and arrest you for theft. Maybe they will add a loss of income with interest to the fine you would richly deserve.

How can someone even think of depriving the family at a time like this? Do the family not have enough stress and grief to deal with at the moment?

Keep the tools and wait for the BiB to come to your house and arrest you for theft. Maybe they will add a loss of income with interest to the fine you would richly deserve.

How can someone even think of depriving the family at a time like this? Do the family not have enough stress and grief to deal with at the moment?

Hmmm, maybe not, as the story is made up. no family actually exists.

Good point though.

G54 i know you, already thinking about how you will be able to comfort the daughter :) .

Why not borrow a petrol can from the grieving daughter to fill up the mower with,then burn the shed down using it with her fingerprints all over it,accuse her of arson and collect the insurance money on the shed and all the tools and mower that were in there at the time.

She'll have plenty of time to reflect on the error of her ways in the Bangkok Hilton and she'll never ask for her family's belongings back again! :)