Skid Marks

thirdeyedmt

It has been approx 1 year since we had a new hard wood floor fited in our apartment, over time with childrens toys etc and the moving of furniture it is starting to show signs of wear, not scratches but more like skid marks in the varnish.

What is the best method for removing skid marks?

thanks in advance

thirdeyedmt

Prevention is obviously better than cure. I was told about a special coating for hard wood floors. It is expensive, and initially I thought "why front up now", but once I'd applied it under, where the skid marks were most likely to appear, I soon realised its value. Once my friends saw the results they all wanted some. Now it's so popular you have to jockey for position to get hold of a bottle. I'm happy to say that my skid marks are now all behind me.

It has been approx 1 year since we had a new hard wood floor fited in our apartment, over time with childrens toys etc and the moving of furniture it is starting to show signs of wear, not scratches but more like skid marks in the varnish.

What is the best method for removing skid marks?

thanks in advance

thirdeyedmt

Dark colours will hide them better.

Prevention is obviously better than cure. I was told about a special coating for hard wood floors. It is expensive, and initially I thought "why front up now", but once I'd applied it under, where the skid marks were most likely to appear, I soon realised its value. Once my friends saw the results they all wanted some. Now it's so popular you have to jockey for position to get hold of a bottle. I'm happy to say that my skid marks are now all behind me.

Do you have a link to this product, or a picture of the container?

I'm sure many of us are in a similar position.

thirdeye..just relieved you weren't talking about underwear skid marks :D ..the throw away option is the best..however for YOUR skid marks..use the FINEST steel wool and a little olive oil and ONLY rub the skid mark down to the original finish, then use an old toothbrush to finish after the FINE steel wool (first tape around the skid marks with masking tape on all sides to isolate the skid marks, to avoid rubbing areas that don't need "sanding"..clean well ( no soapy residue)..let dry OVERNIGHT.. then rub in a light finish of stain( if possible try the stain on a test piece of the same type wood) rubbed in with a cheese cloth to match.. Signed: possible solution/carpenter/my last response on Thai visa for a while..I'm off to LOS to see the wife and family :)

I have several stains..dark.light etc..and I mix up the right combo and always use a test piece first to see if it matches

Excessive sweating can only go to make the problem worse. A breathable coating can help reduce the unsightly staining. Alternatively use panti-liners which can be secretly disposed of prior to any unexpected romantic liasons - leaving you confident when dropping your undies