Day Spa Recommendations

T_Dog

Have visitors coming in next month and the women would like to pamper themselves with a 3 hour spa treatment of aroma massage and a facial. Looking to spend about 3000 baht. There are a lot of choices in the city of Chiang Mai (yes, I have seen all the ads in the magazines), and I am looking for personal recommendations of what's been good lately where the atmosphere is very nice. All help appreciated!

Kanchanaburi's finest www.suan-nanachaat.com UK management, free taxi service, fabulous food, great value. You can do their full day package from your budget of 3,000B

Sounds good. Do you have free pick up and return from Chiang Mai?

• 2 weeks later...

Surprising to not get any leads on this thread, but did end up at SuanSawan Resort (Kasorn Spa) out in Mae Rim from a recommendation. Since it was her birthday, the better half took a trial run and now, 24 hours later she is still glowing about the service and experience.

She got scrubbed, soaked and pampered for well over three hours! The brochure said she would get the following, but she felt she got a lot more:

Thai herbal Body Scrub 30 mins

Tomato Yogurt Mask 20 mins

Minerals Jacuzzi Bath 20 mins ( wonderful huge round jacuzzi bath)

Oil Massage 60 mins

Facial Massage 50 mins

If anyone wants directions, PM me. The place is brand new and has a beautiful setting in the foothills with its own lake, swimming pool, and cabins. It is quite a large development and here is a pic of a few of the cabins. Great place, even on a rainy day!

post-498-1246859992_thumb.jpg

SuanSawan Resort (Kasorn Spa) out in Mae Rim from a recommendation.

If anyone wants directions, PM me.

The place is brand new and has a beautiful setting in the foothills with its own lake, swimming pool, and cabins. It is quite a large development and here is a pic of a few of the cabins. Great place, even on a rainy day!

Could you kindly explain the thinking behind, " If anyone wants directions ,PM me"

I've never quite understood why anyone would wax lyrical over an attraction and then not simply post its address. Many posters do. I find it odd.

The place is brand new and has a beautiful setting in the foothills with its own lake, swimming pool, and cabins. It is quite a large development and here is a pic of a few of the cabins. Great place, even on a rainy day!

Could you kindly explain the thinking behind, " If anyone wants directions ,PM me"

I've never quite understood why anyone would wax lyrical over an attraction and then not simply post its address. Many posters do. I find it odd.

Glad you found a place even without TV's help and didn't decide to go to Kanchanaburi just for a massage! What a journey! Even Mae Rim's about 18kms away.

Hmmm, maybe there was no thinking behind it, but rather laziness! With the lack of posts, I doubted anyone would PM me....

The place is up the Mae Sa Valley a bit past the X-Center and then a right turn up toward Hmong Lodge.

Thanks for the good report, I'm happy that your wife enjoyed it. It was a pity that the weather was so bad and you couldn't enjoy the great scenery and views in the resort

Hmmm, maybe there was no thinking behind it, but rather laziness! With the lack of posts, I doubted anyone would PM me....

The place is up the Mae Sa Valley a bit past the X-Center and then a right turn up toward Hmong Lodge.