Taxi Fare Approx?

Tigerman1

Hi

Does anyone know how much a taxi will cost from/to Siam Sq from /to Swamp Airport?

Taxi meter is fine?

Any 'guestimates'? I reckon 300bt. My wife reckons 800bt!

Also, might as well ask, how long will teh ride be at 0500hrs weekdays morning from Siam Sq to teh airport (swampy)?

Cheers.

Hi

Does anyone know how much a taxi will cost from/to Siam Sq from /to Swamp Airport?

Taxi meter is fine?

Also, might as well ask, how long will teh ride be at 0500hrs weekdays morning from Siam Sq to teh airport (swampy)?

Cheers.

Not sure of price but had taxi drivers before want to charge say 200 baht but the same trip previously was under 100 using the meter, no I always tell them put the meter on.

I paid 250 baht the other day from silom to swampy (one way) on a meter - so not much

difference from Siam, I would have thought.

Price depends upon the amount of traffic - not too much around at 10am when I left.

I think it took about 30-40 minutes via expressway

Is "Swamp Airport" Suvarnabhumi Airport??

If so, I paid B220 + tolls of B70 (50 + 20 I think) recently, and Siam Square would be similar I'm guessing.

Insist on meter, then there's no dispute. A driver outside my hotel in Sukhumvit Soi Nana quoted B600 because it was "quite far"!! And I thought the meter took care of "quite far" destinations?? How silly of me.

Edited by F4UCorsair

BKK is indeed Swamp or Swampy on account of it being built in a swamp, no less, apart from the impossibility of pronouncing the correct word in full.

Cool, windless mornings have a habit of forming mist, just as the airport reaches its busiest time. Brilliant location planning!

Hi

Taxi meter is fine?

Cheers.

Upon arrival, go immediately up to the 4th floor (Departures)..walk out and get a taxi there that is dropping someone off. You will be far less likely to get any grief...i've been using this method for years. No meter=no fare. At that time of the morning, I'd say around 200 baht tops.

Thanks for all the replies.

The taxi in the early morning will be from BKK to airport as my wife needs to go 'home' for a day so I will look for a taxi that night and get a number to collect her. I may even ask whoever takes us from the airport to the hotel if they are good to save a headache.

The hotel wants 2000baht to make the trip! I think not. I don't mind paying over teh odds at that time of the morning fro a decent driver but 2000bht is a tad expensive for a 20/30 min trip.

maybe - I might treat her - thinking about it - no!

Call 1681, press 9 for English, and 1 for immediate booking...... and book the taxi from yr mobile, they will ask you for yr mob number and call you back with the taxi's number so that a pirate listening to the radio doesn't appear.

Thanks for all the replies.

The taxi in the early morning will be from BKK to airport as my wife needs to go 'home' for a day so I will look for a taxi that night and get a number to collect her. I may even ask whoever takes us from the airport to the hotel if they are good to save a headache.

The hotel wants 2000baht to make the trip! I think not. I don't mind paying over teh odds at that time of the morning fro a decent driver but 2000bht is a tad expensive for a 20/30 min trip.

maybe - I might treat her - thinking about it - no!

I take it that your wife is Thai right? If so, why can't she just walk out on the street and catch one by herself like every other Thai and 90% of westerners do?

Don't forget to add on the Toll charges.

I make sure I have small notes to give to the driver at the Toll booths.

Why?

I use the tollways to crack my 1,000 baht notes.

Thats a lot of trouble for all concerned...I prefer to cash my 1000 bahts at a foodcourt , buy a 100 baht card,collect the change...then hand it back in after 15 minutes of not finding anything nice to eat. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Don't forget to add on the Toll charges.

I make sure I have small notes to give to the driver at the Toll booths.

Why?

I use the tollways to crack my 1,000 baht notes.

Thats a lot of trouble for all concerned...I prefer to cash my 1000 bahts at a foodcourt , buy a 100 baht card,collect the change...then hand it back in after 15 minutes of not finding anything nice to eat. :)

Yep, that sounds so much easier :D