Shipping Motorbike Overseas

I've had some interest from overseas, namely Canada, from people wanting to buy my CBR400RR from and have me ship it to them. I didn't find anything on TV thus far. Anyone have experience with this? I've already looked at asiatradingonline, but I was wondering if there were any other sources out there. Canada seems to have a 15 year old or older safety exemption on imports, so that's probably why I am getting so many hits from there.

Easy, hard, or forget about it?

SB

I've had some interest from overseas, namely Canada, from people wanting to buy my CBR400RR from and have me ship it to them. I didn't find anything on TV thus far. Anyone have experience with this? I've already looked at asiatradingonline, but I was wondering if there were any other sources out there. Canada seems to have a 15 year old or older safety exemption on imports, so that's probably why I am getting so many hits from there.

Easy, hard, or forget about it?

SB

Motorbikes or cars you can export easly from Thailand, It just have to be in your name. I don't know about import regulations in Canada. This is what you have to beware of.

NO they dont have to be in your name. Its enough with standard sales paper together with the transfer paper if the seller is not going to go together with you to the traffic station.

At the traffic station you explain that you will export the bike and they will issue a special export license in your name and also print your name as the last name in the green book before canceling the registration. You will need this export license at the cargo company. If not and they will not ship it out for you.

You can do it on a tourist visa as well. Many camboidians an laotians are buying bikes in Thailand and shipping them out of Thailand. Take your passport with you to the traffic statoin.

I know as I ve shipped a lot of bikes from Bangkok.

Anyone know of any good companies to use for shipping?

Maybe able to offer a bit of help. A mate recently sent a bike back to Oz in a crate. He was sailing a yacht back and should be back there by now. He had some shipping company up the road in Chalong take care of most of the necessary arrangements, including the packaging. Price I believe was very reasonable. If you like I can give him a call and see how it all went and also the details of this end.

Cheers.

ss

Maybe able to offer a bit of help. A mate recently sent a bike back to Oz in a crate. He was sailing a yacht back and should be back there by now. He had some shipping company up the road in Chalong take care of most of the necessary arrangements, including the packaging. Price I believe was very reasonable. If you like I can give him a call and see how it all went and also the details of this end.

Cheers.

ss

Thanks sportsman. Is this them?: http://www.advanceinterfreight.com/contactus.php

Located in the center of the shophouses opposite the Roumong (sp?) School on Chaohfa east, before town, behind my favorite aquarium shop. See map on the website. They came in under asiatradinglonline's qoute by quite a bit. Ask for Apple. She was very helpful. They can de-register the bike for 1000 baht, which may be an extremely valuable service in the case of my bike.

I will post follow-up to how everything else goes.

SB

Edited by Scubabuddha

• 1 month later...

Cheers.

ss

Thanks sportsman. Is this them?: http://www.advanceinterfreight.com/contactus.php

Located in the center of the shophouses opposite the Roumong (sp?) School on Chaohfa east, before town, behind my favorite aquarium shop. See map on the website. They came in under asiatradinglonline's qoute by quite a bit. Ask for Apple. She was very helpful. They can de-register the bike for 1000 baht, which may be an extremely valuable service in the case of my bike.

SB

Any update, I am looking to ship a scooter back to Australia in December, any help and information on costs appreciated.

Cheers.

ss

SB

great site if you want to export your bike.......thank you!!!

Edited by Udonfarang52

Cheers.

ss

SB

Any update, I am looking to ship a scooter back to Australia in December, any help and information on costs appreciated.

Just make sure that it can be registered in Oz. A mate of mine shipped 2 brandnew tuktuks to Oz but was never able to register them. He was going to use them a home delivery vehicles for his Thai restaurant on the Gold Coast.

He said it was financial suicide to comply to the Australian standard (emission,tyres, indicater/stop lenses /lights ect) and even if he changed everthing on it, it needed a crash test done on it where they would crash it to a concrete barriere to see if it was safe. Apperantly this needs to be done on every first vehicle of any kind imported to Australia IF they do not import that model

Cheers jopham

I'm seconding Jopham! Just forget it - too much hassle, but I only have experience with the American National Highway Safety Something Group mandating a crash test for my then Yamaha SR 500 limited edition, although the SR 500 was sold in the U.S. for years (made for 20 long years).

Shipping was cheap - but at the San diego side, they hit me hard.

The bike was on a RoRo ship with imported cars. The 10000 km journey was peanuts versus the Dock Workers moving it off the boat, and damaging it :)

Just forget it - it is the buyers' best interest to say no.

What's the asking price? Put your ad here at TV!