Getting To Singapore

st11x

G'day,

Did you ever come across a great deal to fly to Singapore from CNX? I believe the only direct flight is via SilkAir, but their prices are not very attractive.

I had to fly with them several months back, but within that same month, two of my friends could fly up (from SIN) for about the same price, and that is just buying their tickets with SilkAir.com. My sister and brother-in-law did one better by getting their tickets from a travel agent and got a package to fly up here (via SilkAir) with accommodation and still being cheaper than what I paid to go down there.

The 90 day is coming up, and this time I plan to go there instead of doing the border run.

Thanks

Matt

G'day,

Did you ever come across a great deal to fly to Singapore from CNX? I believe the only direct flight is via SilkAir, but their prices are not very attractive.

I had to fly with them several months back, but within that same month, two of my friends could fly up (from SIN) for about the same price, and that is just buying their tickets with SilkAir.com. My sister and brother-in-law did one better by getting their tickets from a travel agent and got a package to fly up here (via SilkAir) with accommodation and still being cheaper than what I paid to go down there.

The 90 day is coming up, and this time I plan to go there instead of doing the border run.

Thanks

Matt

Try tiger air

G'day,

Thanks

Matt

Try tiger air

AFIK, Tiger don't fly from Chiang Mai.

Regards

Will

Silk Air CNX-SIN round trip now less than 6,000 Baht, 5725 if I recall correctly and that is about half their normal fare. Book before the end of this month, yes book within 2 days and fly before the end of the year. The special has been on for about two weeks now. Book online or through a travel agent, not with the Silk Air office.

Edited by Bill97

Silk Air CNX-SIN round trip now less than 6,000 Baht, 5725 if I recall correctly and that is about half their normal fare. Book before the end of this month, yes book within 2 days and fly before the end of the year. The special has been on for about two weeks now. Book online or through a travel agent, not with the Silk Air office.

Wow, that's cheap. I paid about 13K last time. Thanks.

Matt

If you can't get that deal, I'd fly to Kuala Kumpur via Air Asia and then take the train or bus to Singapore. Although it would cost you just as much as the deal Bill mentioned.

I'm due for my 90 day run as well. Went to P&P travel recently, asking about the special advertised Silk Air return flight to Spore.

Appears Singapore Airlines? have put in the incorrect price, as the girl even rang the Silk Air office and they seemed to know nothing of their Bangkok Post 1/2 page adverts' prices.

Read the small print, they also want an extra 1,000 baht each way (applicable to departure city Chiang Mai only)

After calculating their "best fare" CM-Spore return P&P could still only come up with something around 12+K.

What the newspaper ad is about, I have no idea. If you have better luck at other agents or Silk Air direct, pls let me know.

Edited by Hachi

I'm due for my 90 day run as well. Went to P&P travel recently, asking about the special advertised Silk Air return flight to Spore.

Appears Singapore Airlines? have put in the incorrect price, as the girl even rang the Silk Air office and they seemed to know nothing of their Bangkok Post 1/2 page adverts' prices.

Read the small print, they also want an extra 1,000 baht each way (applicable to departure city Chiang Mai only)

After calculating their "best fare" CM-Spore return P&P could still only come up with something around 12+K.

What the newspaper ad is about, I have no idea. If you have better luck at other agents or Silk Air direct, pls let me know.

Book it online through the Silk Air website. 5,725 Baht round trip is quoted right now. I booked for that price a few days ago.