Good Hotel In Mae Hon Son

ThaiPauly

I would like to take my Wife to Mae Hon Son to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversay. :)

It's somewhere we have never been before.

One with Spa facilities would be nice.

Of course I can do internet searches, but I would like to hear if anyone has any experience with taking a break there, and also impart any info on the "Must See" things

Thanks in advance

TP

I stayed at the Fern Resort about 2 months ago, it was nice, lots of trees and a very natural feel to the surroundings. A small but nice pool. Not sure if they have spa facilities. They do have a restaurant in town, which was good and had several yunnanese items on the menu. 053-686-110/1. Good luck.

I too stayed at Fern resort which has won some 'eco friendly ' awards if I remember rightly.No TV's and bed sheets changed every 3 days to save on everything. It's just outside of town and we paid 1800b per night, a little over priced in my mind but a cute place. Breakfast was very average though, buffet but they we're counting the toast!

The Imperial's in town but I'm not a lover of multi storeyed hotels. I took a lonely planet type guide book and that was pretty much all that was available apart from bungalows, again overpriced for the condition and a couple of lower end hotels in town. I have to say that I was unimpressed with the town, it's accomodation and not being a bird watcher or mountain walker/ nature park lover I found the place rather dull. The drive however through Pai and beyond and back to Chiang Mai was great though, well worth the trip. Don't go if you suffer from vertigo because some of the mountains have sheer drops either side of the roads!

Regards Bojo

My wife and I stayed at Thanachot Resort for our 7th, and were very happy. They have really nice separate, solid wooden bungalows for 1000, and stayed one night in their "tree house" which is priced at 1500 but they gave it to us for 1000, said they wanted our opinion as we would be the first ones to sleep up there. This old tree man felt right at home; we got it rockin' and it held up, so you're good to go. It's new, clean, good service and location just outside the city near the new bus station and ring road. www.thanachot-resort.com 053 620156, 081-9924375

post-74166-1246271861_thumb.jpg

Stayed at Fern about 3 years ago and it was nice, ole mate. They do free shuttles into town to their city restaurant and from the airport. Good for chilling out, but if you haven't been perhaps check out the Royal Project at Doi Angkhang. An easier drive and gorgeous setting - nice gardens and walks and a good restaurants onsite. The bungalows within the resort (like a giant garden) are fairly basic but there is an Amari just outside the complex for around 1500 baht (internet price) - nice rooms, good seating area out front.

Doi Angkhang

All the breast.

Thanks for Thanachot link.