Holes In The Wall

chiangrai

hi,

my question is a bit simple but i'm the only farang in town and have no one to ask,

i put up shelves then moved them.

now there are ugly quarter inch holes with wrawl pluges in them where the shelves used to be,i want to fill and paint over them,

questions,

1-how do i get the plugs out,

2-what filler is best and how do you say it in thai,

if no body knows better i will buy a pointy nose plyiers and try to choose a filler in the hardware shop but from expierience it's best to be prepared in thai hardware shops

thanks in advance

If pulling them does not work try using a smaller sized drill bit than the hole and drill them out. You will waste one high speed bit as the bit will not like drilling into concrete/cement when you drill to deep. A masonry bit in the smaller size probably would do the trick also.

I'm assuming the rawls are the wood/plastic ones? If the metal anchors then a metal bit is necessary. But try the pulling technique first, should work.

As said leaving in the wall is no big deal either. Just fill in with the repair material

I find a screw just in a turn or two and diagonal cutters to be the best way to pull out - the cutters easily grip the screw threads, and then the plastic if needed, and pull out straight. Normal white cement works fine for filling.

Crikey, just turn a screw couple turns, tap em in and fill over. Use the screw/claw hammer method if you have no more to hand for the re-positioning. Absolutely no need to drill em out.

hi,

my question is a bit simple but i'm the only farang in town and have no one to ask,

i put up shelves then moved them.

now there are ugly quarter inch holes with wrawl pluges in them where the shelves used to be,i want to fill and paint over them,

questions,

1-how do i get the plugs out,

2-what filler is best and how do you say it in thai,

if no body knows better i will buy a pointy nose plyiers and try to choose a filler in the hardware shop but from expierience it's best to be prepared in thai hardware shops

thanks in advance

I'm sure you have your hole in the wall problem solve by now just from the posts I see here. Now for surely you jest about being the only Farang in town, There are many Farangs in CR, at there were about 18 months ago when I visited :D:D:):D the place. Get out and about you will see. :D