New Land Purchase Via Company

I have a question with regards to the new regulations with regards to buying land via a company in Thailand.

According to the land registry dept, for the last 3 years, the Thai partner in the company has to show that the money for buying the land has come from them, and that the company is not just a front for a foreigner buying land.

My wife is the director of the company and has a business of her own which she can say the funds to buy the land came from, so that is not an issue.

In reality however, I am paying for the land.

My question is this.

Given these new regulations are in place, is there now any legal recourse for the foreigner who actually bought the land to have any legal protection. In the past, the 90 year lease / or document which gave the foreigner a legal right to remain on the land until they died was there. Is this any longer the case seeing as now the Thai partner has "proof" in effect that they funded the purchase of the land from the outset?

is there now any legal recourse for the foreigner who actually bought the land to have any legal protection

Foreigners can not own land in Thailand if they don't invest at least 40 million baht in a state bond or scimilar and then they can only buy a small piece for for building their own house for self usage.

If you build up a company for the purpose of buying land it is illegal.

In the past, the 90 year lease / or document which gave the foreigner a legal right to remain on the land until they died was there. Is this any longer the case seeing as now the Thai partner has "proof" in effect that they funded the purchase of the land from the outset?

There never was a 90 year leasehold in Thailand. The maximum period you can register at the land office is 30 years.

I have a question with regards to the new regulations with regards to buying land via a company in Thailand.

According to the land registry dept, for the last 3 years, the Thai partner in the company has to show that the money for buying the land has come from them, and that the company is not just a front for a foreigner buying land.

My wife is the director of the company and has a business of her own which she can say the funds to buy the land came from, so that is not an issue.

In reality however, I am paying for the land.

My question is this.

Given these new regulations are in place, is there now any legal recourse for the foreigner who actually bought the land to have any legal protection. In the past, the 90 year lease / or document which gave the foreigner a legal right to remain on the land until they died was there. Is this any longer the case seeing as now the Thai partner has "proof" in effect that they funded the purchase of the land from the outset?

If you are hoping there may be any real protection for your 'investment' forget it.

You are gifting the money and covering the tracks of that gift.

You can buy as much land as you want without it meaning you own any.

If the land is being held by the company for you - you, your wife and the other officers of the company are committing a criminal offence.

Ludicrous to appeal to legal protections when circumventing the law.

That does not mean you cannot do it without any problems but if you want 'certainty' perhaps you should spell out your proposed ownership structure to the land office and see what they have to say.