Wimbledon Tennis Question

After two games players take a short break and sit down on uncomfortable chairs and have some fizzy minerals or chomp on a banana.

Why don't the Wimbledon tennis authorities provide comfortable armchairs which have comfortable cushions and a recline, so they could really relax? I am sure that if they provided these, play would be improved and tempers on court would be more agreeable.

After two games players take a short break and sit down on uncomfortable chairs and have some fizzy minerals or chomp on a banana.

Why don't the Wimbledon tennis authorities provide comfortable armchairs which have comfortable cushions and a recline, so they could really relax? I am sure that if they provided these, play would be improved and tempers on court would be more agreeable.

I agree, I think reclining Lazy-boys with maybe a sound system or a TV also. Shouldn't make these pampered millionaires sit on those folding chairs, that's inhumane, cruel and unusual for sure........

I agree, I think reclining Lazy-boys with maybe a sound system or a TV also. Shouldn't make these pampered millionaires sit on those folding chairs, that's inhumane, cruel and unusual for sure........

LOL!! I don't see any problem with letting them sit on those chairs. It's all about tradition at the Wimby.

Or maybe they should hire some nice ladies for a massage as well.

mens final a humdinger 2 sets all and 13 games all in the final set and still going 4 hours and 3mins!!!!!!!!!

Fed wins again~ 15 Grand Slams! Federer 5-7 7-6 (8-6) 7-6 (7-5) 3-6 16-14 Roddick 1-tobymelvillereuters-6801.jpg gotta love the suit :)

Edited by Donnyboy

mens final a humdinger 2 sets all and 13 games all in the final set and still going 4 hours and 3mins!!!!!!!!!

Fed wins again~ 15 Grand Slams! Federer 5-7 7-6 (8-6) 7-6 (7-5) 3-6 16-14 Roddick gotta love the suit :)

Gutted for Roddick. Federer's a legend on the court, but too smug off it for my liking. '15' on the back of his tracksuit top, too - dick.

Hard not to be smug when you're the greatest ever (by results). He was humble long enough (in particular when he was literally was the greatest when no one could do anything against him... until Nadal came along).

:)

Hard not to be smug when you're the greatest ever (by results). He was humble long enough (in particular when he was literally was the greatest when no one could do anything against him... until Nadal came along).

And Murray

Well Done Roger.

Rodick you bloody cry baby - accept defeat by a better player.

And Murray

Well Done Roger.

I thought Roddick took it pretty well. At least he didn't make any excuses which is what Federer usually does.

And didn't cry like a little girl like Fed usually does.

Actually Roddick broke Federer twice and Fed only broke Roddick once.

Tennis has become a one-dimmensional, boring, repetitious replay. Serve big and trot along the baseline. It's all any of them do anymore.

And didn't cry like a little girl like Fed usually does.

Actually Roddick broke Federer twice and Fed only broke Roddick once.

Tennis has become a one-dimmensional, boring, repetitious replay. Serve big and trot along the baseline. It's all any of them do anymore.

You're right. In the end it just came down to a couple of loose shots in his final service game. I actually had some money on Federer to win, but come the final I was really hoping Roddick would do it. I bet he's still gutted.

It's funny how about a decade ago, people were complaining that Wimbledon was just about the big serve-volleyers (Sampras, Ivanisevic, etc). Rallies would just last one serve, or maybe with a return and one volley. Since they've reduced the ball pressure, there aren't any serve-volleyers left. I know Federer served 50-odd aces in that final, but there were some immense rallies (20+ strokes).

Players would not want this I`m 99% sure it would only result in concentration lapse and take their mind off the job in hand.

And Murray

Well Done Roger.

I thought Roddick took it pretty well. At least he didn't make any excuses which is what Federer usually does.

Roddick was beaten by a better player but Fed was still lucky to avoid defeat. He was a point away from being down two sets, in part due to excellent coaching. Being so close to victory, Roddick did a great job in congratulating Fed despite the heartbreaking loss. Roddick played a tremendous tournament, beating Hewitt, Murray(which some people will apparently not accept) and almost taking Fed out. :D

Edited by mauiguy90