Best School Closed Until July 13

pattayaronbo

My daughter was informed through chatting with friends on the internet that her school (BEST) was closed until July 13 due to H1N1 flu outbreak. She called her teacher to confirm because I have not seen anything about it on any forums or other websites. Anyone else know about this? Or about other schools closings? How bad is it now in Pattaya?

I wouldn't worry about the H!N! Virus. This has been blown up way out of proportion. This is just a new strain of flu, and their are meds that will handle the virus. Best is known for lack of communication. Was an excellent school years ago, but has really gone down in recent years. Some of the teachers are still good.

Barry

I wouldn't worry about the H!N! Virus. This has been blown up way out of proportion. This is just a new strain of flu, and their are meds that will handle the virus.

Agreed. Flu "tamada" kills tens of thousands of people world-wide every year and nobody thinks twice about it and a couple hundred people die from this H1N1 flu and it's a "pandemic." Give me a break!

Best school has been closed due to the request of the parents. Many Thai parents are scared that the kids are going to get ill of this flu.

So the school has decided to close the school til the 13th July. This is the Mid term break. after that it will open as always,.

i was told by a BEST teacher that because of the all public holidays this week and next, the school is closed until the 13th but also that the half term break due for later in July is now cancelled. I don't know if there is any link with H1N1 but in any case the idea of consolidating the various holidays into a single break seems to make sense - albeit it was very short notice so maybe there is more to it.