Fake visa numbers: more news and what is happening

The problem is mainly at Sadao. Several of the officials there have been using either old stamps, or their own custom-made stamps (ie NOT the official stamps), and have been working with tour agencies in an "under-the-table" operation. Nice little earner. Several of these officials have now been arrested and one is on the run.

People using the cross point at Padang Besar are having no problems or checks at all (as of this week,22nd-26th Sept)

In Sadao, every in and out stamp in the entire passport is being checked against every record showing on the computer.

There are seveal numbers which will mean INSTANT arrest and detainment. These are:

B93 B96 B700 B77. These are known, but there may be others too. If you have one of these...big trouble.

However, there are some other numbers that the Thai officials are confused about. Seems that sometimes these were used officially, but other times not (My guess is that the dodgy Thai customs officials had access to these also, and sometimes they were used under the table)

If you have one of these anywhere in your passport (SADAO ONLY) then you will be quizzed as to whether you came in person or not. If you insist with conviction that you ALWAYS come personally (ie...you love Had Yai and have friends there etc) then you will walk away. Both myself and a friend went through at the same time: we both had B131. I was quizzed on this, and she was not...)

The other known numbers are:

B69 B81 B95 B97 B131 B168 (there may be others)

Hope this helps!

Rob

I went on a visa run yesterday, crossing at Aranyapratet. The immigration officials didn't check my passport, or any of the 10 guys in front of me. However, I saw one guy saying, 'no, I went myself', to the officer on the way out of Thailand. Anyhow, he was allowed to go and there was no checking whatsoever on the way back in.