Upcoming Bank Holiday 6,7th

bkkjames

I know that the banks are closing for the holidays on 6th and 7th, but I am hearing noises that they may not be the only ones, meaning the possibility that all businesses will be closed both days.

Anyone else have any further info on this?

I thought you'd know better than to ask such a simple question? :) Aren't the "holidays" on the 7-8th?

Might I suggest that you check with the individual businesses that concern you? :D

Quite honestly only concerned with my business - whether we are open or not.

Just place a footnote next to this thread and let's see if the status quo remains vis-a-vis which days business actually close. :D

It is similar to Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in the west in these respects;

- businesses which are normally open in the evenings may be closed on July 6, others remain open.

- banks, government offices, and most businesses will be closed on July 7

- most schools close for both days.

I thought you'd know better than to ask such a simple question? :) Aren't the "holidays" on the 7-8th?

Might I suggest that you check with the individual businesses that concern you? :D

Just place a footnote next to this thread and let's see if the status quo remains vis-a-vis which days business actually close. :D

Ahh.. In that case it might be a good idea to ask the owner/manager, you'd assume they'll know what their doing only 1 week before a "holiday". :D

A Correction To My Post Above:

I was relying on the dates given by the OP, who is in error. The two day holiday is the 7th and 8th, not the 6th and 7th, as he (and I !) stated. So, read the "7th" where I said the "6th", and the "8th" where I said the "7th".

update

my business and our office tower is totaly colsed on 7th and 8th

What he said - nearly.....

Our office (& tower) is totally closed on 6th and 7th.. we're located in Bangkok on Silom.

Edited by triplegee

Ahh.. In that case it might be a good idea to ask the owner/manager, you'd assume they'll know what their doing only 1 week before a "holiday". :D

Normally would agree with you TD, but as you know, things are very fluid and subject much speculation. As you can see by some of the replies, the actual closing dates for offices seems to vary.