Thai Elephant Stomps Three Workers To Death

Treborz

It will probably be considered to dangerous to work and retire walking the streets of Sukhumvit in Bangkok.

I saw one this week actually walking the side walk near soi 5 walking up between all the street stall, with a traffic jam of tourist behind it, it only gets better

:):D :D TIT

Edited by Gobbledoc

He added that the elephant's owner said it was "violent by nature".

Local reports said the animal had previously killed four people, although police could only confirm that she had killed one person before Wednesday.

Read somewhere the elephant was a PAD member.

Edited by Pierrot

I don't know about anyone else, but if that had my wife stomped by the elephant I would be insisting that when it made its next appearance it would be wallets and belts.

Did anyone consider what may have been done to the Elephant to make it do this?

Let's all understand one thing…elephants are wide animals even if trained and in contact with humans for years…still wild animals at heart.

If I see elephants on the streets in Thailand I always give them very wide berth :D like all wild animals unpredictable.

[/size]

RIP sad to hear this news.

That is so TRUE.

Its very sad how these animals have been treated by Humans.

Sometimes when I eat out in a town near my place these three jerks lead an elephant around from Restuarant to Restuarant, somehow making it squal and trying to get people to buy food to feed it. I always tell em to piss off & can imagine that one of these days the elephant is going to go beserk. Amazingly enuf, its not a tourist area, I only ever see Thais eating in the area & can't work out who on earth actually pays the money to feed it.

Its not the elephants fault, its the morons that make a living this way, torturing animals. :)

Terrible news for the victims, may they RIP. :D

I've seen the same in Lopburi restaurants outside city center, where there are no farangs. I know what you mean about the jerks making the elephants squeal, surely they are being inflicted pain. Almost brought tears to my eyes, I pitied the poor animal so much. My wife said the elephant was tired and wanted to stop "working" for the day and sleep. She was mad at what we saw too but was not surprised, seeing it often before.

While that elephant is probably the handler's only form of income there is the issue of how a known violant beast was able to escape and kill people.

Surely if you you have a dangerous animal be it elephant or dog you have a responsibility to make sure it can't attack people.

Yes, The Elephant should be left alone in the nature, not hold in camps or other tourist attraction. The people are asking for it themselves, I do not feel sorry for them, actually they deserved it. :)

The milk of human kindness never ceases to amaze me...(what a D**k)

Whenever I'm approached by an elephant and its handlers on a Bangkok street, I always make it obvious that I am afraid. I quickly take cover behind something, and tell bystanders "Dangerous!" in Thai. They always smile and laugh of course, amused by the silly farang. I suppose I'm not really afraid, as the handlers have their elephant hook at the ready, but I hope they see that I think it's a really bad idea to subject the elephant to the misery of begging on the streets.

I don't know about anyone else, but if that had my wife stomped by the elephant I would be insisting that when it made its next appearance it would be wallets and belts.

Was it the same one that was painted panda?

While that elephant is probably the handler's only form of income there is the issue of how a known violant beast was able to escape and kill people.

Surely if you you have a dangerous animal be it elephant or dog you have a responsibility to make sure it can't attack people.

Robby; you are a long time member of TV, surely this question was asked in jest. If dangerous animals were controlled by a responsible party, the animals shows/centers snake kissing, buffalo racing/fighting as well as the DRUNKS on the roadways, bars etc would be a moot point.

Local reports said the animal had previously killed four people, although police could only confirm that she had killed one person before Wednesday.

I bet that is the only reason you didn't try to date it.

Does anyone here NOT know about THE THREAT?

I know it sounds kinda weird, however: IF you are hip to ANAGRAMS (rearranged spelling of any word or phrase, etc) The ANAGRAM of

ELEPHANT THREAT = THE PLANET EARTH ! ! ! :)

(rearrange the letters above and see...)

Xendavid - Bangkok (writer)

Yep, and 'TheGoldenParachuteTeam' can be rearranged to 'A Headache Temper Glutton'.

Take an Tylenol and stop thinking too much.

Turns out that report was in error. In the employ of Thaksin, the tusker was a renegade from the drug wars, and fed amphetamines to build the new social order.

Edited by wayfarer108

The people are asking for it themselves, I do not feel sorry for them, actually they deserved it. :)

Idiot.

It killed innocent people working on a different plantation. Nothing to do with the handler or owner. How did they deserve to be killed exactly?

YOU derserve it just as much as they do, if not more now.........

Link to Sky News

An elephant has stomped three rubber plantation workers to death in southern Thailand, police have said.

15326803.jpg A female Asian elephant

The female beast attacked a 44-year-old male worker who was working in a farm on Wednesday morning, police Lieutenant Somjit Ma-ou told reporters.

He said: "It then freely wandered into another plantation a few kilometres away and attacked another woman.

"Her husband saw it elephant charging toward her, grabbing her body with its trunk and hurling her on the ground before stomping on her body."

All three victims died instantly after she stamped on their chests and stomachs, breaking their ribs.

Somjit said another victim was found in a nearby plantation later in the morning.

The attacks happened in Trang province, where the animal worked pulling rubberwood.

The 38-year-old elephant, called Natalie, was eventually recaptured by her handler.

"All three victims died instantly after she stamped on their chests and stomachs, breaking their ribs," Somjit went on.

:) Elephants shouldn't smoke too much Ja ba...........

They'll never forget what humans did to them......sorry for the dead people. RIP

Maybe the Elephant was in Musk. Hopefullt here will be a proper investigation, I for one would be interested in the cause.

MusT affects bull elephants only and does indeed lead to extremely aggressive and dangerous behaviour.

This case involved a female known previously to be a killer - TIT

condolences to the families of the victims RIP

odysseus

Does anyone here NOT know about THE THREAT?

I know it sounds kinda weird, however: IF you are hip to ANAGRAMS (rearranged spelling of any word or phrase, etc) The ANAGRAM of

ELEPHANT THREAT = THE PLANET EARTH ! ! ! :)

(rearrange the letters above and see...)

Xendavid - Bangkok (writer)

Yep, and 'TheGoldenParachuteTeam' can be rearranged to 'A Headache Temper Glutton'.

Take an Tylenol and stop thinking too much.

Yes and if you re-arange mother in law that make's it hitler women :D

Yes, The Elephant should be left alone in the nature, not hold in camps or other tourist attraction. The people are asking for it themselves, I do not feel sorry for them, actually they deserved it. :)

I was once sititng at an show ( training camp ) up in north, al those stupid farangs enjoy the show, laugh at their tricks while they where pooked in the ass with some sharp thing, the thai male was holding, donate money and bla bla. I could only think of how sad for the animal. :D

So you think the 3 people who were working in the rubber plantations for a couple hundred baht a day or less to put food on the table for their families deserved to die? Get your head out of your a.. This is human life we are talking about. I just hope the authorities have enough brains to kill to kill that beast before it happens again.