Firefox 3.5 Makes Browsing Faster, Easier And More Fun

LaoPo

Sorry... Don't mean to be argumentative, BUT in more than 30 years of using computer (started in DOS days) I have rarely used Keyboard commands... Some people like them, some do not... I like point and click...

But, then again.. I hate using a mouse.. I love using a Trackball.... Why waste so much desk space and physical effort to try and control a mouse when I can relax and just use my thumb??? Mai Kow Jai? Taking my hand off my Trackball to use my keyboard unnecessarily just interrupts my flow and is counter-intuitive.

I'm exactly the same with keyboard controls. Hardly ever use them except on rare occasions when a combination of keyborad controls is actually more convenient and quicker than pointing a mouse due to the repetitive nature of what I am doing.

That is why I finally have opted for Windows Live over Thunderbird, as with Windows Live I can flick through full page messages with my mouse, whereas on Thunderbird I have to hit a keyboard control.

But there again, I attach a mouse when using my Notebook at home as I prefer it to the trackball!!

Each to his own I guess. :)

Hi.

For me, FF 3.5 is a slow dog. Yeah once running it opens pages fast, however to start it for the first time...... 30 seconds on Linux, 42 seconds on XP. And those are both pretty powerful machines, Athlon 64 X2/5000+ and Athlon 64 X2/5600+ respective, each with 2 GB of RAM. On both machines all other installed browsers start significantly faster.

Best regards.....

Thanh

Just tried FF 3.5 and downgraded imidiately, does not do his jub well on XP 64-bit.

Does't remember my passwords nor kept me logged in at sites like TV. So I keep 3.0 xx as my default and Opera as a good second, hate IE.

I'm running 64 bit Windoze HP SP2 with FF 3.5 and it is fast and remembers passwords (from the previous version and installed in 3.5) and master password.

Some issue with AVG and new tab functionality but I haven't gotten to the bottom of that yet. No issues and significantly faster than the previous version.

But, then again.. I hate using a mouse.. I love using a Trackball.... Why waste so much desk space and physical effort to try and control a mouse when I can relax and just use my thumb??? Mai Kow Jai? Taking my hand off my Trackball to use my keyboard unnecessarily just interrupts my flow and is counter-intuitive.

But there again, I attach a mouse when using my Notebook at home as I prefer it to the trackball!!

Sorry to get off topic for a momement...

Which laptop (notebook) has a Trackbal??? I used to have an old IBM that had a Red "Nubbin" like device set between the keys, that worked with my index finger. I sort of like that.

But don't all Laptops usually come with a "Touch Pad" ???

I'd love to get one with a trackball. I also hate the touchpad... But I then plug in my "Trackball"... and usually another regular keyboard when I use a laptop at home or Office.... I even found a Mini-trackball that fit on my Index Finger and was Thumb operated for on the road use... But it was Finicky...

I love my trusted Logitec Trackman!

Probably the only real trackball made anymore... at least I never see any other brand around Pantip.

CS

Edited by CosmicSurfer

Sorry to get off topic for a momement...

Which laptop (notebook) has a Trackbal??? I used to have an old IBM that had a Red "Nubbin" like device set between the keys, that worked with my index finger. I sort of like that.

I'd love to get one with a trackball. I also hate the touchpad... But I then plug in my "Trackball"... and usually another regular keyboard when I use a laptop at home or Office.... I even found a Mini-trackball that fit on my Index Finger and was Thumb operated for on the road use... But it was Finicky...

I love my trusted Logitec Trackman!

Probably the only real trackball made anymore... at least I never see any other brand around Pantip.

CS

If you mean this Trackman you can buy it online @shop24.com Thailand Trackman

My dear old Dell has a track ball AND a touch pad.

My spanking new Acer (with no slots for external cards :) ) only has a touch pad.

I can use either, but marginally prefer a mouse when working on my desk at home.

Maybe it's because I also use a desk top PC with a mouse, so it's the method I'm more used to.

Back to Firefox 3.5. Been using it for several days now, and I'm quite happy with it so far, but needed to reinstall ad ons - like ad block.

I also find that the first time I try to use the browser in a session, there seems to be a delay before it kicks in. After that it is fast. And also sometimes I click a link and nothing seems to happen (no egg timer), so I click again, and again. Then suddenly I get 3 or 4 tabs opening all at the same time for the same website. Anyone else experienced these problems?

I am using FF 3.0 and haven't installed 3.5 yet. I normally get 3 to 6 seconds webpage refresh due to internet poor performance so I probably could not tell if it was really faster. But even if one were to get 1 sec or less internet response, wouldn't most of that time be due to the internet performance.

I just accessed my hard drive and sub folders using FF and the response seemed pretty fast. Even if FF 3.5 was twice as fast, I can't see noticing a faster response on most Thai internet web connections.

Am I missing something?

Edited by vagabond48

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded the new firefox...I can not right click to highlight or download anything....went to a mozilla forum to see others have this problem..most common suggested remedy was to disable the Yahoo toolbar...I did still no go. The other fixes are too techinical for me. I shitcanned the new one...put the older FF up and the right click works.

I use Opera...I started using it on my old laptop with XP because it seemed a bit faster and more stable than FF. Now with my new laptop with Vista...Firefox stalls way too often...the screen turns milky and I can't use it.

I am on Dtac on a Solomon EDGE modem...no phone lines here. I used firefox exclusively in the states and here when I lived in an apartment with a phone line.

I don't know about intuitive...I just want something that works without hassle...Opera seems to suit me the best.