Why Is It So Dirty Everywhere In Thailand?

chrgrims

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Why Is It So Dirty Everywhere In Thailand?"

The question should be "Why Is It So Dirty Everywhere In The World?"

Here's a recent photo from Tasmania, Australia, it's a roadside rest area, beer bottles, cigarette packets, plastics everywhere.

post-82287-1246831962_thumb.jpg

Why do so many posters single out problems in Thailand, when their own countries have the same problems?

PS - It's not dirty everywhere in Thailand.

LOL!! you think that one photo is going to justify how dirty Tassy is??? YOu must be crazy!

That photo is clean as green.....comparing that photo to Thailand is just utter stupid!

WAste and littering is a problem in Thailand not in Australia.

Edited by junki3korean

just for the record, this is not the reason for my disinterest. The thread has some good answers now, but it was pure nonsense in the beginning. There seems to be a lot of underlying things that determine how people respond, maybe they think some are racist or anti-thai. And when i responded with sarcasm I was accused of being fascist-like, and not one person came into my defence. There must be a differentiation between using the tools of language and pure indecency on a forum. I was also accused by another to be very bad to thais, especially my wife, for not asking her my question (which i had done, but the poster didnt care to ask). if you guys want a good forum, you really need to think about what you are doing, and why.

:D:)

I was guilty of misinterpreting one of your posts and writing a disparaging reply..well public apology and come back to the board.. new blood is always needed here...

I am always personally attacked by one poster on here so I normally ignore him and don't respond to his attacks or where he has posted. Thats how i deal with this person and i find it works for me. You have to find your own method that works for you.

"inflate ones ego by deflating another" remember this mantra when you feel personally attacked as that person is only posting to agitate you into a on-line posting fighting fest.

Keep an eye on the board and it will take you a few weeks to see the posters who offer positive contributions versus the trolls/attackers who don't offer anything posititive.

Unfortunately because of the constant knockers/trolls/personal attacks/negativity most normal people here having a happy life just lurk and don't post, i make this conclusion from talking to other farangs that i know here in Thailand.

come back and enjoy....

You think it's dirty here, then book youself a ticket to the Philippines, India, Cambodia, Burma and you'll drop down to your knees and lick the floor when you return to LOS. I dare you.

True. There's nothing better than Burma to make Thailand look wealthy, clean, and well governed.

Only Pattaya and Jomtien is dirty. Specially market areas and Jomtien Beach. Rubbish, bad smells and rats everywhere. So soonest you drive out of Pataya, everything is quite nice and clean. But anyway: nobody comes hoiday to see the Jomtien Beach.

Only Pattaya and Jomtien is dirty. Specially market areas and Jomtien Beach. Rubbish, bad smells and rats everywhere. So soonest you drive out of Pataya, everything is quite nice and clean. But anyway: nobody comes hoiday to see the Jomtien Beach.

You have got to be joking!

"Why Is It So Dirty Everywhere In Thailand?"

The question should be "Why Is It So Dirty Everywhere In The World?"

Here's a recent photo from Tasmania, Australia, it's a roadside rest area, beer bottles, cigarette packets, plastics everywhere.

post-82287-1246831962_thumb.jpg

Why do so many posters single out problems in Thailand, when their own countries have the same problems?

PS - It's not dirty everywhere in Thailand.

LOL!! you think that one photo is going to justify how dirty Tassy is??? YOu must be crazy!

That photo is clean as green.....comparing that photo to Thailand is just utter stupid!

WAste and littering is a problem in Thailand not in Australia.

Really! So littering is acceptable in certain levels is it?

I'd say bum gun (Thai) vs. smearing feces into your skin with toilet paper trumps more litter at the end of a local street and 'clean' street somewhere else. Not too many threads (even on the Thai forums) on that though because there are far fewer people who are disappointed/frustrated with their lives here.

:)

Just hope your bum gun water is not infested with some nasty bacteria. Can you drink the water everywhere in Thailand yet?

Yeh, its sold in stores and comes in a plastic bottle... If you drink tap water anywhere in Thailand you are asking to get sick

Just hope your bum gun water is not infested with some nasty bacteria. Can you drink the water everywhere in Thailand yet?

You can at my place. All RO treated, and that's just for showering and bum-gunning.

Seriously though, most of the tap water here is over-chlorinated so the health issues are on the other end of the spectrum from bacterial infestations.

:)

• 4 weeks later...
You think it's dirty here, then book youself a ticket to the Philippines, India, Cambodia, Burma and you'll drop down to your knees and lick the floor when you return to LOS. I dare you.

True but return to Thailand from Singapore and it really hits home just how dirty and scruffy Thailand is.

There is garbage anywhere you want to look, but I must admit there seems to be less in some parts of northern Europe... for instance: Holland and Switzerland. Walking along any country road in Australia and it is littered in beer bottles. I couldn't walk two paces without stepping on broken glass. Any camp site in Canada that doesn't have attendents is covered in trash. The fast food crowd are the biggest offenders.

True but return to Thailand from Singapore and it really hits home just how dirty and scruffy Thailand is.

Why compare Thailand with Singapore?I would never live there,it looks so artificial..

Why compare Thailand with Singapore?I would never live there,it looks so artificial..

I've never been to Singapore, but I never really want to. From what I understand it is a very efficient business center and quite clean. If your soul interest in life is business then I would imagine Singapore would be just fine. Some people like big cities; I don't. Personally, I try to stay as far away from large cities as possible.

This is my thai mechanics workshop on a good day i kid you not, it looks like someone has thrown a grenade in there ! but he does excellent work ,as if by magic ! :D

That looks fairly standard for a backyard mechanic to me :)

Normally you can find a good mechanic in a shitfight like that, I don't know how they do it, I had to be disorganised, everything has its place in my workshop & WATCHOUT if you mess with that :D

Why compare Thailand with Singapore?

It's as logical as comparing it to Burma or India.

I've never been to Singapore, but I never really want to. From what I understand it is a very efficient business center and quite clean. If your soul interest in life is business then I would imagine Singapore would be just fine. Some people like big cities; I don't. Personally, I try to stay as far away from large cities as possible.

Have been to Singapore many times also as a tourist, I can tell there are many things worth visiting that city, even for someone disliking big cities. It's by far not that kind of swollen Moloch like other huge metropolises.

I've never been to Singapore, but I never really want to. From what I understand it is a very efficient business center and quite clean. If your soul interest in life is business then I would imagine Singapore would be just fine.

I'd always thought that until going there but I must admit to being very impressed with the place. Plenty to see and do and great for food. Not the cheapest place in the world though.

Thailand is not that dirty at all. The streets might be dusty because of the amount of people and cars and the trash is because of lack of rubbish bins and garbage trucks. All in all I would rather go into a MC donalds or fast food here than back in Australia. They really implement sanitization and cleaning. For all other dirty toilets its probably the "MAI PEN RAI" attitude

What a load of bull we are not talking about being dusty we talk about about rubbish thrown every were

Well I prefer my burger in OZ because every body has to wear gloves while handling food.

You ever go to the local markets here? How do they prepeare the food? With bare hands no water to wash and a minute ago they picked theyr noses. Have you ever seen a health inspector checking on all the food stores along the roads? I guess not :)

Most probably you also have asthma and suffer from multiples allergies. Contact with dust from the early age built your immune system.

You're probably a "bubble kid".

A great hello from someone living outside the bubble.

Too much cleanliness reduces your resistance to really bad germs

I've never been to Singapore, but I never really want to. From what I understand it is a very efficient business center and quite clean. If your soul interest in life is business then I would imagine Singapore would be just fine.

I'd always thought that until going there but I must admit to being very impressed with the place. Plenty to see and do and great for food. Not the cheapest place in the world though.

If know where and how Singapore can be not expensive too and still top quality...at restaurants in Little India for instance.

yea, but the question is whys it so dirty HERE?

not singapore, or dubai or the moon.

Not why is somewhere else better or worse....

answer the fuNking question........

ef

i love the place, but its dirty as fuc_k, WHY?

why do i so rarely see anyone wash his hands in the public toilets? and im ALWAYS in there....jokes. its nasty.

but im a boy so i can piss up a tree or down a drain... ITS STILL DIRTY HERE...WHY?

ef of the dump