Bkk - Cm Driving: Best Route

drbrit

For the first time I will be driving from BKK to CM.

Which route is the fastest and takes into account any newer or expanded roads?

via

Phitsanulok / Uttradit / Lampang (117, 11)

or

Kamphaeng Phet / Sukothai (A1/1, 101)

or

Kamphaeng Phet / past Tak / Lampang (A1/1, A2/1)

although i tend to skirt bangkok itself as i am usually coming from pattaya using the 7 and 9 the route i use is basically

take the 1 until it becomes the 32

stay on the 32 until it becomes the 1 again and stay on it until just before lampang

lampang take the 11 and 90 km later you are here

I usually go Kamphaeng Phet/ Tak/Lamphang, because this is themost easy route 4 lane road.

But if you have good time the other routes are nice and slowly. The big trucks in LOS forget too

put an engine inside. :)

although i tend to skirt bangkok itself as i am usually coming from pattaya using the 7 and 9 the route i use is basically

stay on the 32 until it becomes the 1 again and stay on it until just before lampang

if going to pattaya - from cm - where and on which road no. would you start the skirt around bkk towards pattaya? how long would the journey usually take - excluding any stop times?

Edited by triffid

via

or

or

AVOID the Nr. 11 !!!!

Between Uttaradit and Den Tchai ,major roadworks and it is a very , very dangerous road ! I live in Uttaradit , so I know !!!!! :)

via

or

or

AVOID the Nr. 11 !!!!

Between Uttaradit and Den Tchai ,major roadworks and it is a very , very dangerous road ! I live in Uttaradit , so I know !!!!! :)

Have seen the roadworks and agree about those. But why dangerous? Condition of road or frequency of accidents/collisions?

if going to pattaya - from cm - where and on which road no. would you start the skirt around bkk towards pattaya? how long would the journey usually take - excluding any stop times?

After final police station (old toll gate) on Asia Highway (32) take exit to East Ring Road (9) at the highway 1 junction (keep left). About 2km further and you cross highway 1 (flyover) and enter limited access highway 9 That will take you to the airport exit which is a good road to Pattaya (motorway-limited access) - or you can go to the older routes further South. Have no idea of driving time as live in Bangkok.

After final police station (old toll gate) on Asia Highway (32) take exit to East Ring Road (9) at the highway 1 junction (keep left). About 2km further and you cross highway 1 (flyover) and enter limited access highway 9 That will take you to the airport exit which is a good road to Pattaya (motorway-limited access) - or you can go to the older routes further South. Have no idea of driving time as live in Bangkok.

Thanks, even though your directions are specified in terms which I, as someone not that familiar with the Bkk road network, will need to decipher carefully the first time.