Why So Many Ladyboys?

leftcross

maybe lines are blurry in dressing and sexuality:

my thai worker for example: his daughter's favorite teacher is a male that sits with the women and talks like the women at school; after school he (she) is full blown ketoey dressed; an other friend's best friend was (died of AIDS) ketoey and my friend took the ketoey part in due course; next door to my friend when i was in a town near udon thani, there was a 4 yr old boy playing, my friend said he is a ketoey (preferred girls clothes etc); my worker likes to put on red lipstick; and paints his two pinkie nails the same cherry red laquer that i use!!!!.... so do some ot the other guys... whan i suggested that its not a good idea in israel; he said: the men in morlum sing wear lipstick nail polish and earrings, why cant i? "

little boys here love to put on nail polish etc and up until last year of kindergarten, no one makes comments, it s part of the 'new education' thing in the kibbutz system ('holistic learning etc)...

the most amusing and sad episode happened at least 15 years ago; a beautiful thai volunteer girl came to work on the kibbutz in a volunteer program; it all went well, the boys were head over heels... until a swedish volunteer girl walked in on the thai in the shower they had to share in the room.... poor thing, the next day he/she was off the kibbutz (at the time there was less tolerance and i was nt in charge of the volunteers then, since then i have had also lots of strange volunteers and no problems, the program is currently obsolete)

there was also a thai worker in moshav nataf who was ketoey and used to come visit other kibbutzim and moshavim until he/she got in a knife fight w/ an other worker on another kibbutz, got stabbed and shipped home....(that one made the newspapers i think) and only now i think that maybe he/she was offerring services for money to all the workers away from their wives.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One important fact we left out was petisciate there used in Thailand,All vegetable and fruits are high level in chemical content and if a mother consume it will affect the womb.

HAve we seem any worm in durian fruits?There don't spary but place on the root so the whole tree can absorb the chemical.

There are 2-3 gay or lady boys for every 10 men in Thailand.

Believed it or not?

I've never heard of the soy milk explanation, but somehow I don't think that is going to influence whether someone is gay or not. But I believe it could interfere with a man's testosterone production, or sex drive, but not really sexual preference (however I'm not a doctor, so not sure about this).

Soy milk does have properties which can help inhibit or block estrogen receptors, which significantly reduce PMS symptoms if you are prone towards migranes (info for those born a female). In terms of exactly how this effects men, I'm not sure, but I don't think it's going to turn men into lady boys. If that was the case, all of Asia would be about 90% ladyboy, or whatever the proportion is that eats tofu and soy products (same substance).

I think that culture and environment play a significant role. Someone mentioned that there were no ladyboys in Cambodia, but that is not true. I saw about 3 on a weekend trip there without even looking. Even though it is not exactly accepted here, they are not shunned by mainstream culture the way they are in the West. Therefore, images and examples of them are much more frequent and ubiquitous compared to the West.

Also, legally, there is no such thing as male rape here. That is, raping a man is not considered a crime. Combine this legal framework with the fact that sexual molestation is still widespread and very often not viewed as taboo, many of these boys may have experienced some intervening factors in the formation of their sexual identies. That doesn't mean that all molested boys identify as gay or ladyboys, but these added influences may combine to produce an atypical number.

I'd wager that social and environmental circumstances play a large impact. But, just my theory, don't really know like the rest of you.