How Much Do You Pay For Rent?

monochaser

Sounds like a good deal. I bet it's a nice place. I think that toastwars 1850 baht/mo place might be a tad nicer

60k sukhumvit soi16

Sounds fair. I wonder if any of the master misers of Thai Visa can fit that into a 20K monthly budget. I'm sure they'd say they could. LOL

So, are you going to answer the OPs question, or just make fun of people who have less money than yourself?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a good deal. I bet it's a nice place. I think that toastwars 1850 baht/mo place might be a tad nicer

I pay 1800bt a month for a nice clean, large room with 24 hour security friendly neighbours and a happy lifestyle, I fail to see why that is open to ridicule? I love my pad and all the friends I have made here, my social life is full and fun, I am an accepted member of the community here with many friends, my living cost are increadably low which allows me to enjoy myself to the max..just good sense as far as I can see, why should I pay inflated prices for something I don't need? Perhaps you need to prove something about yourself but I am quite sure that rampant materialism is not going to sort out your problems they are rather more deep seated for such a shallow solution.

Edited by toastwars

I pay 1800bt a month for a nice clean, large room with 24 hour security friendly neighbours and a happy lifestyle, I fail to see why that is open to ridicule? I love my pad and all the friends I have made here, my social life is full and fun, I am an accepted member of the community here with many friends, my living cost are increadably low which allows me to enjoy myself to the max..just good sense as far as I can see, why should I pay inflated prices for something I don't need? Perhaps you need to prove something about yourself but I am quite sure that rampant materialism is not going to sort out your problems they are rather more deep seated for such a shallow solution.

Could you pls tell me how you could find the room with 1800Bt? It really sounds attractive.

Could you pls tell me how you could find the room with 1800Bt? It really sounds attractive.

Actually you are in luck, I spoke with my building manager today, he has a couple available if you are interested I am in Muang Thong Thani if you wanted the general area. Pm me for details.

Edited by toastwars

I live in a nice average house in the uk & I lived in a nice average house in Thailand. I don't see why this should be so hard for anyone to understand. When in LOS I don't try to make out I'm something I'm not by coming from a 2 bed averaged price house with nice furniture to an expensively priced pad with driver & cleaner. I don't have a driver & cleaner in the Uk & I don't need one in LOS. I'm 29y/o & live how most 29 y olds live. If you have the desire to live in the lap of luxury in los then great, but really, how many of you could afford to live the same way in your own countries, it's going to be a really big step down for you if you ever have to go back, but for me, I can live happily in either country as my life is pretty much the same in both. Not that hard to comprehend. :o

Boo

If you are only 29 yrs old and can have dual residences in UK and Thailand, God Bless you. Unless you have a nice trust fund to keep you warm, you must be quite a smart fellow. Here's to you !!!

(P.S. I am deeply envious as I did not discover LOS until I was 55, and I still cannot afford two residences)

paulfr, Yep, I'm a lady & married to a thai, I lived for nearly 5 years alone in LOS (+2 yrs with hubby) & didn't have to work in LOS as I worked for 3months a year in the UK (I wouldn't have been able to get the job I wanted in LOS & teaching isn't an option for me as I have no desire for it) So luckily I had/have a great job in UK that allows me to live the life I want :o But whatever time in life you discover Thailand it certainly makes an impression :D

But for now we live in the UK with no immidiate plans to return to los apart from holidays but for sure when I do come back it will be to a similar life as in the UK except maybe being my own boss. :D

I live in a comfortable one bedroom condo in Pattaya, close to the action, for 15000, includes utilities & cable tv. Not as nice as my apartment in California, but 40,000 baht/month cheaper.

7650 per month for a 42 square meter condo studio (nicely furnished) on Sukhumvit Soi 46, about a 10 minute walk from the Skytrain. Like the room and community, but traffic is snarled 80 percent of the day and night thanks to the confluence of Sukhumvit, Rama 4, and Soi 71.