Bkk Bars That Serve Guiness

monochaser

I miss the draft Guinness which was available in Malaysia (brewed in Shah Alam). If I remember correctly it was RM 24.00 / pint in "The Pub", half price in happy hours. Could I ask which Guinness we are discussing here: draft from Malaysia, canned from Malaysia or canned from the Emerald Isle?

If it's draft, at Bht 160.00 / pint I would be encouraged to try the odd one occasionally; but at Bht 160.00 / can (500 ml?) it starts to get expensive.

I miss the draft Guinness which was available in Malaysia (brewed in Shah Alam). If I remember correctly it was RM 24.00 / pint in "The Pub", half price in happy hours. Could I ask which Guinness we are discussing here: draft from Malaysia, canned from Malaysia or canned from the Emerald Isle?

If it's draft, at Bht 160.00 / pint I would be encouraged to try the odd one occasionally; but at Bht 160.00 / can (500 ml?) it starts to get expensive.

What happened to Lampard10's stock of Guinness or are we allowed to ask? :o

Just to ask if any of you Guiness lovers if you've tried a PDQ??

It consists of half a small glass of Guiness, 1 shot of Captain Morgans Spiced Rum and then topped up with Coke.

I know it sounds wierd! but it is totally yummy :o

You have to carefull when adding the coke, just pour slowly. :D

Maybe it's more of a girls drink but I definatly recommend it to anyone!

(BTW, PDQ stands for Pissed ###### Quick :D )

Paulander Beer Garden at Suan Luam night market sells it. Also Orbit on Soi 26 used to !(has changed name now ) Then you have Carrefour, and at the airport you can get it.

Anyone tried, Tiger black?

BTW. If Guinness is not brewed in Thailand any more, where does the draught come from ?

Edited by SEAtramp

Paulander Beer Garden at Suan Luam night market sells it. Also Orbit on Soi 26 used to !(has changed name now ) Then you have Carrefour, and at the airport you can get it.

Anyone tried, Tiger black?

BTW. If Guinness is not brewed in Thailand any more, where does the draught come from ?

Guinness has never been brewed in Thailand and has always been imported from KL.

I was always under the impression that it was brewed and imported from Malaysia and Singers.but have heard that they tried to do it locally in LOS.but cant find any def.info.

Did a bit of work once in their Nigerian Brewery just outside Lagos (west Africa) real touch of the Black stuff at 12 % proof and thick enought to paint the roof with....errggg

From the Guinness faqs Sheet(bit out of date)

In how many countries worldwide is GUINNESS® stout brewed and sold?

In November 1995, GUINNESS® brewed locally was launched in El Salvador, making it the 51st country in which GUINNESS® is brewed and the 150th in which it is sold.

http://www.guinness.com/guinness/en_ZZ/kno..._126325,00.html :

also...

http://www.guinness.com/guinness/en_ZZ/hom..._125584,00.html

What happened to Lampard10's stock of Guinness or are we allowed to ask? :D

Tight bugger's put the price up to Bht 190.00 per 500 ml can. More than the locals can really afford.

I should never have taught him Yorkshire ways! :D

฿60 is more than my locals can afford..............................no ,I got raided by customs :D and they seized it all,even though I had paid import duty on it. Someone grassed me up. :o I now buy my guinness in Pattaya for around 175 :D and sell it on for 190. :D .....................and it's a lot smaller can than the stuff I bought in myself.And I sold the large cans at 150. :D

Re the Londoner micro brewery: it's rank.

I enjoyed a few pints at the Dubliner on val's day with the missus , quite nice imho.

How much is it sold for in Carrefour ? There is one within short driving distance of my place, and tbh, a few cans of Guiness win any day over the chang/singha i get at the local shops.......

The Guinness available in Thailand is indeed Malaysian (that's why its average at best) and has never been brewed here. The Kilkenny is Irish and the Speckled Hen is English. The Bitter at the Londoner is possibly the worst beer ever brewed.

The Guinness in Australia & Shanghai is Irish, because the Malaysian Guinness wasn't good enough for them. Another problem they heve in Thailand is that they don't understand when you should clean the pipes out (every 2 weeks here - my family pub in the UK, every morning), which has an adverse effect on the elixir.

My Thai missus drinks Guinness here and she commented on how much better it was in Perth.

The Guinness available in Thailand is indeed Malaysian (that's why its average at best) and has never been brewed here.

I have not tasted a real Guinness in years and have come to enjoy a pint or two in the Robin Hood before Heineken or whiskey (with an e) venturing down Soi 33, however I have no doubt you are spot on with your comments. There again the Manager of the R.H. has been around so he should know how to serve a decent pint.

Edited by HarryHacker

The Bitter at the Londoner is possibly the worst beer ever brewed.

Ever been to Korea?

The Guinness in Australia & Shanghai is Irish, because the Malaysian Guinness wasn't good enough for them. Another problem they heve in Thailand is that they don't understand when you should clean the pipes out (every 2 weeks here - my family pub in the UK, every morning), which has an adverse effect on the elixir.

This lack of pipe-cleaning discipline might be the problem they're having at The Londoner.

I never know whether it will be drinkable from one week to the next.

I do need to get back to Ireland and remind myself how this stuff is supposed to taste.

There are some very talented brewers there.

They even managed to make Budweiser taste good.

jb

The Guinness in Australia & Shanghai is Irish, because the Malaysian Guinness wasn't good enough for them.

Malaysian Guinness not good enough for Australians? Is this the same Australia we're talking about?...the bringer of XXXX and Fosters :o