Bkk Bars That Serve Guiness

monochaser

This is the famous Budweiser beer. We know of no brand produced by any other brewer which costs so much to brew and age. Our exclusive beechwood aging produces a taste, smoothness, and drinkability you will find in no other beer at any price.

God I miss that great stuff

Edited by monochaser

Actually the Guinness in Australia is from Nigeria and not Ireland.

Never had Guinness in LOS, but if its anything like the crap in KL I'll pass :o

Thanks for the edumacation - I didn't know that. It was pretty good though.

And Moochaser, if you think Bud is quality beer, you're hardly in a position to comment on whether there's good beer in Thailand. BTW, Old Speckled Hen is currently the best beer in Thailand. And that's official ('cos I said so :D )

All of the Bud in BKK is dated. In the USA there is a 105 day code on the product to maintain freshness. After expiry the product is removed religiosly by the Bud distributor as if it were a dairy product to keep all product fresh. Somehow in Thailand that code is expanded to 6 months! How'd they do that? I've never seen a can or bottle of Bud in this country fresher than 3-4 months old. I just saw FoodLand putting up a case of 5 month old Bud. In short, you cannot get a fresh Bud so it tastes like crap. I saw it in a bar once on Soi 22; it was over a year old! nasty. I've checked other imports such as Victoria Bitter, Miller GD & Lite, Foster (yuk), among other that have born on dates; they all have the same problem of being old. Beer does not age well at all.

Oh and about the Speckled Hen; I've never tried the stuff but would like to. It doesn't appear to be widely available. I take it that you only get it on tap

RE: Thai brewed beers: problem with Chang,Heineken and Tiger for me is that after drinking 4 or 5 of them my head feels about to split open. There are serious chemicals in there which are likely very damaging to the brain long term. I think the stuff is outright dangerous. Those who consume 6 or more regularly I fear will have serious consequences down the road. The taste of said beers is OK but there's something in there that just aint right

Edited by Queers for Fears

I quite like a Guinness here and the other night I took a Irish customer of mine to the Huntsman Pub. I Bought him a Guinness, well the look on his face after he tasted it, lets say he had one mouthfull and then straight onto bottled beers.....

The Speckled Hen is only available in the Bull's Head & the Barbican until next month when it should gradually start to reach other places. And it is FRESH & well within its 6 month life.

Although Old Speckled Hen wasn't my usual tipple when I lived in the UK ( I was a Pedigree drinker ) a good pint of English ale is one of the few things I'm missing out here. So tell me, where do I find the Bull's Head & the Barbican and how much is it per pint?

The Speckled Hen is only available in the Bull's Head & the Barbican until next month when it should gradually start to reach other places. And it is FRESH & well within its 6 month life.

Although Old Speckled Hen wasn't my usual tipple when I lived in the UK ( I was a Pedigree drinker ) a good pint of English ale is one of the few things I'm missing out here. So tell me, where do I find the Bull's Head & the Barbican and how much is it per pint?

You go here Old Speckled Hen in Bangkok