Streaming Tv

pumpuiman

I'm in the U.S. currently, and have a broadband connection....and I've found a great site for high quality streaming television.

Wondering if anybody in the land o' smiles can get the same results.

Have a look and let me know.

If you have success, please let me know what sort of connection your using.

Enjoy.

Eric

P.S. If it's innappropriate to put a link here....you can PM me if you'd like and I'll pass it along. (and no, I don't work for the site...just a TV nut)

Why only a few seconds?

I have full access, and never registered or logged in.

This is the original link I got....maybe this will work.

Let me know, I'd like to know if this will be available for me when I return to Thailand....or I may be setting up a slingbox.

Thanks,

Eric

Edited by pumpuiman

Why only a few seconds?

Let me know, I'd like to know if this will be available for me when I return to Thailand....or I may be setting up a slingbox.

Thanks,

Eric

Yup now it seems to work! No problems so far as already reported earlier

Movies start "streaming" immediatly

Why only a few seconds?

Thanks,

Eric

Yup now it seems to work! No problems so far as already reported earlier

Movies start "streaming" immediatly

Cool, glad to hear it.

I'm really impressed with the quality, high def stuff...blu ray stuff...lots of selection etc.

Anyone else having trouble?

Webfact....do you think the alternate link made the difference?

Been on justin a lot of times. Watched the Giro d Ítalia on it. Connection speed in thailand not enough to really enjoy. have 4 mb still keeps buffering. channels are not easy to find if you're looking for something special.

Best streaming quality I have seen on the internet. I am now watching Blue Ray 720P movie King Kong. I need to get familiar with the site to find something that interests me. I have AT&T DSL in USA at 5 Megabits. It has buffered once for about 3 seconds in about 5 minutes of watching it. Thanks. :)

I've been using that site for quite some time, but recently there are a lot of " There's too many users from your country" message where they then try to get you to "upgrade" to a paid subscription.

Bingo!, now I remember that was the message I got and mentioned in my first reply the OP. I was allowed to watch a few seconds only when I tried to watch another movie

----> Upgrade!

Edited by webfact

Australia is getting onboard also...

PBL Media to launch Ninemsn video website

Lara Sinclair | July 06, 2009

Article from: http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/ The Australian PBL Media will unleash a multi-platform content drive with the launch of a Ninemsn streaming video website that will make more than 1700 hours of video clips and TV shows available on demand.

The site, which launches on July 14, is a critical part of PBL's plan to sell advertising on four platforms: Nine's free-to-air main channel, Nine's youth-focused digital channel, which will launch by September, web portal Ninemsn and mobile.

In a joint interview, exclusive to Media, Nine Network chief executive David Gyngell and Ninemsn boss Joe Pollard said the changing media landscape had spurred a closer collaboration between the companies.

Mr Gyngell said 40 per cent of the audience for some programs was now coming from the web, citing the Today show, which generated more than 100,000 streams online the day pop star Michael Jackson died.

Also complicating the traditional television world is the launch of new digital channels for Seven and Nine that are expected to capture at least a share point or two each of the free-to-air audience this year, and the release next year of time-shifted ratings (referring to programs recorded on a digital video recorder and watched later).

"Traditional TV viewing is going to be fractured," Mr Gyngell said. "It's a new frontier."

LG is the launch advertiser on the site (ninemsn.com.au/video), which will allow viewers to select shows, channels or genres of content to watch from a continuously scrolling wall of program images. The technology was inspired by Microsoft's search engine Bing (Ninemsn is jointly owned by Microsoft and PBL).

A key channel on the video site will be Nine's news and current affairs content, more than 30 hours of which is made available online each week, including entire TV programs such as the Today show and the 6pm Nine News bulletin, which are already streamed live. Nine will create some programs, such as news bulletins, specifically for Ninemsn, to create a more seamless experience for audiences and for advertisers.

Up to 15 other content providers including MTV, Lonely Planet and National Geographic are also supplying video.

But while the announcement follows Nine's re-signing of its Warner Bros contract last month, which includes the ability to screen programs on Nine's youth channel, and on mobiles, the right to show entire episodes of more Warner shows on Ninemsn is not likely to come into force until 2011.

Ms Pollard said video was a strategic priority for Ninemsn, which aimed to build and sell advertising in new prime-times, including at lunchtime online and in peak commuter times on mobiles. "We're really looking at exploiting that online prime-time," Ms Pollard said. "Eighty per cent of Ninemsn viewers don't watch the 6pm news. It's an extension of the Nine News brand to a whole new group of people."

She said the company was in talks with telecommunications companies to sign up a mobile partner as it planned to stream the Today show to commuters in the mornings.

Mr Gyngell predicted PBL's multi-platform push would take revenue from Ten, pay-TV and the Seven Media Group and would protect the company from encroaching newspaper websites.

But he and Ms Pollard admitted it was unlikely to attract new advertising dollars to free-to-air TV or to Ninemsn.

"The advertising pie in free-to-air TV is not growing but at least we're in a position now to monetise it when it does turn around," Mr Gyngell said.

"We've come back on this (online video) ground to stop newspapers from coming up on it," he said.

Edited by cpofc