Some Advice Please

I have afriend who is coming to Bangkok in Augsut for a 3 week holiday and am busy drawing up a schedule of places for him to visit. He loves going horse racing and thought that would be a nice day out but though have been to several races whilst living in the UK have never ventured to the meetings here in Bgk.

I have looked at the websites but the information I am looking for are

1) which is the best track to go I beleive there are 2 in Bgk

2) costs to go in -

3) dress codes

4) actual bestting at the track how it works

Any information would be appreciated - also do they have the equivelent of Ladies Day / Grand National / Derby day

Many thanks

Dave

I believe that they have racing at the Royal Bangkok Sports Club, a very private

club that you can see [racetrack and inner track golf course] from the platform

at Rachadamri BTS stop.

I think the racing is on Sundays.

I have wanted to go for a long time but never got around to it.

Any others have info on attending this venue ??

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't been to the race track in Bangkok (Royal Bangkok Sports Club) in years, but I do believe the info about Sunday only is correct. I don't remember that it was expensive to go in. Racetracks make their money from gambling, not the admission fees. I also don't remember any dress code. I was probably there in shorts and a T-shirt, but I'm sure I was only in the general admission area. There might be a more exclusive area with a higher admission fee that keeps the riff-raff, like me, out.

There's also racing in Chiang Mai on Saturdays.

Good luck.

I have afriend who is coming to Bangkok in Augsut for a 3 week holiday and am busy drawing up a schedule of places for him to visit. He loves going horse racing and thought that would be a nice day out but though have been to several races whilst living in the UK have never ventured to the meetings here in Bgk.

2) costs to go in -

3) dress codes

Any information would be appreciated - also do they have the equivelent of Ladies Day / Grand National / Derby day

Many thanks

Dave

there are two tracks in Bangkok the Royal Bangkok sporting club one and the big one at Nang Lerng which is just up from Petchburi road near the Yommarat expressway ramp and as you head out towards Ratchadamnern area. Im pretty sure they alternate between the two every sunday.

2) costs to go in -

3) dress codes

Many thanks

Dave

There are two racetracks in Bangkok they race every sunday alternativly this sunday 9 aug at the bangkok sports club know to the thais as farang course the other sunday at the thai course cost to get in 50 and 100 baht the clubhouse is a bit expensive the betting is all tote win place forecast and triacta also daily doubles at both tracks they sell programmes in english and both are grass tracks this sunday 9 aug is queens cup day the derby is run in january kings cup febuary most sundays there are 10 races with about 14 runners each race believe it or not racing is no more bent at this two tracks than it is in england jockeys get hefty bans for throwing race but they still do it the same as everywhere ther is also racing in Korat every sat. a coach leaves bangkok every sat at 07.30 from the racetracks there is racing in chiangmai every sat. but that is really bent you got to see it to believe it