Ubon Supermarkets

NanaFoods

Can anyone tell me the names and, if possible, the phone numbers, of Supermarkets in Ubon that might be interested in carrying Western food items?

Thanks.

I can't help with your query, but I would be very interested to know if you manage to find some supermarkets willing to carry western products this the Ubon district.

Can anyone tell me the names and, if possible, the phone numbers, of Supermarkets in Ubon that might be interested in carrying Western food items?

Thanks.

I can't help with your query, but I would be very interested to know if you manage to find some supermarkets willing to carry western products this the Ubon district.

Thanks for the reply.

Have you perchance heard of "Yong Sanguang" (sp??) market?

If so, can you tell me if it is large or small?

I believe Yong Sanguang is the huge wholesale warehouse on the way to Warin Chamrap. As you cross the bridge from Ubon it’s on your left opposite Ubonwasida.

They don’t stock frozen foods but carry a larger selection of dried and tinned food than Macro.

Edited to add. The western food selection is small and comprises a shelf with a few tinned items, bottles of sauce and biscuits. The shelf is located just inside the entrance near the first row with bulk drink cartons.

Edited by Farma

I believe Yong Sanguang is the huge wholesale warehouse on the way to Warin Chamrap. As you cross the bridge from Ubon it's on your left opposite Ubonwasida.

They don't stock frozen foods but carry a larger selection of dried and tinned food than Macro.

Edited to add. The western food selection is small and comprises a shelf with a few tinned items, bottles of sauce and biscuits. The shelf is located just inside the entrance near the first row with bulk drink cartons.

Sorry to add to the confusion, but my family assure me this is the place that used to be known as SK supermarket inside Ubon and it is quite large. Asd I live near Det Udom some 60Km outside Ubon I am unable to verify the accuracy of their statement.

You may be right thaimite. I don’t have the discount card with me to verify the name of the warehouse although the same sounds similar. It’s yong something.

The other big supermarkets would be Big C , Tesco and Macro. Depending on quantities some of the farang hangouts might be interested in selling Chefheats products.

You may be right thaimite. I don't have the discount card with me to verify the name of the warehouse although the same sounds similar. It's yong something.

The other big supermarkets would be Big C , Tesco and Macro. Depending on quantities some of the farang hangouts might be interested in selling Chefheats products.

Thanks Thaimite and Farma.

Yes, I am looking for either large independent supermarkets or small farang food marts to possibly approach.

Had some luck in Udon... and my wife said we should look into Ubon as well.

Any other referrals would be most welcome. Thanks again.

You may be right thaimite. I don't have the discount card with me to verify the name of the warehouse although the same sounds similar. It's yong something.

Yes, I am looking for either large independent supermarkets or small farang food marts to possibly approach.

I wish you luck because the selection offered by those named above could do with some improvement. Maybe one of the expat hangouts in Ubon would like to add such products as an additional sideline?

I wish you luck because the selection offered by those named above could do with some improvement. Maybe one of the expat hangouts in Ubon would like to add such products as an additional sideline?

Yes... in fact, we have a sort of farang hangout, appropriately named "Farang Connection" in Surin... he has a restaurant and small shop with Western packaged items for sale. Has been working out well, it seems, for both of us.

However, Big C, Tesco and the likes are not likely candidates.

Thanks again for looking out.

EDIT:

OK, here is the same deal I gave to a very helpful customer in Udon, who referred us to two accounts (all he did was provide us with store name, manager name and phone number), which we subsequently contacted and acquired the accounts.

So if you can refer us to a potential account, and we can get in, then we'll send you a nice Thai style shirt, with embroidered Nana logo, similar to the attached. This particular style available while supply lasts...it's the best can do at the moment, as we are struggling with the economic downturn, in addition to the fact that we are relatively new on the market.

post-62785-1246859268_thumb.jpg

post-62785-1246859302_thumb.jpg

Edited by ChefHeat

What sort of food can you supply? I have a restuarant in Ubon and might be interested.

One place not mention is the new supermarket at the Sunee Grand hotel. Already stocks a fair range of western dry goods - they are locally owned so may be interested. Google sunnee and you will find the number.

What sort of food can you supply? I have a restuarant in Ubon and might be interested.

One place not mention is the new supermarket at the Sunee Grand hotel. Already stocks a fair range of western dry goods - they are locally owned so may be interested. Google sunnee and you will find the number.

Hi MeMock,

Thanks, I found the hotel... however, but no reference to a supermarket.

Could you possibly provide more details?

You will need to call them.

The owner of the hotel also owns the supermarket. It is also 'centre' that has ten pin bowling, a swimming pool etc.

It has only been open for a few months.

What sort of goods do you sell?

The owner of the hotel also owns the supermarket. It is also 'centre' that has ten pin bowling, a swimming pool etc.

Hi MeMock,

OK, I understand now. Will contact the hotel and ask about the supermarket.

We produce Italian style pasta sauce and Mexican salsa.

You can find out more details at: www.nanaproducts.com

Thanks for your help.

Hi MeMock,

OK, I understand now. Will contact the hotel and ask about the supermarket.

We produce Italian style pasta sauce and Mexican salsa.

You can find out more details at: www.nanaproducts.com

Thanks for your help.

No worries - I am in there about 5 times a week so if you have no lunch let me know and I will ask for some contact details for you.

I noticed on your site that you can use one of your sauces as a pizza sauce. Any good?

No worries - I am in there about 5 times a week so if you have no lunch let me know and I will ask for some contact details for you.

I noticed on your site that you can use one of your sauces as a pizza sauce. Any good?

Yes, our Traditional works great for pizza.

I use it to make pizza at home quite often, and even my Thai relatives love it.

For a restaurant, it all depends on your clientele.... whether they are mostly farang or mostly Thai.... or an even split.

I know Thais like their pizza sweet and even top it with ketchup :D:D:D

If that is the case, our sauce might not work out for you.

However, if your customers prefer a more traditional taste... with plenty of Italian herbs, and not overly sweetened, you might find our sauce quite favorable. :)

Edited by ChefHeat

ChefHeat,

Would love some great Mexican salsa. I have been making my own but not really Mexican.

As far as supermarkets here in Ubon I think you might not fair too well. In the last year I have noticed that shelf space for western food items is continuously shrinking. I think because they are much more expensive

it is the first thing dropped from the inventory. Lotus is growing the shelf space for Tesco brands.

Here in Ubon there are several stores that might be categorized as supermarkets:

Tesco Lotus

Big C

Yang Song Wan

Sunee supermarket at Sunee Grand Hotel

D in Warin

I like to cook some western dishes but usually have to buy things in Bangkok or Korat as they aren't available here in Ubon.

I don't think there will be much interest but you can ask. Maybe will have better luck with restaurants. There is a new Italian restaurant opening soon on Chang Sanit Rd across from Home Mart. The name on the sign is Spago's.

I am always hopeful that some stores would carry certain western items but in the 9 years I have lived here it hasn't happened. I was hoping the mart at Sunee would be a boutique supermarket and carry items the other stores didn't but that isn't the case.

Good luck.

ChefHeat

You might also consider to contact Lance at the N'Joy Cafe & Bar, and/or Richard at the Wrongway Cafe - Maybe they would be interested in selling your products? :)

ChefHeat

You might also consider to contact Lance at the N'Joy Cafe & Bar, and/or Richard at the Wrongway Cafe - Maybe they would be interested in selling your products? :)

Bergen, was that ou that I saw being dragged behind a shopping trolley at about 50 kph yesterday morning?

I did some speed shopping at Makro.................... :)

Mate - you were flying! I tried calling out but my voice was carried away by the turbulence you were creating!

I had to pick up some people at 0900, and I dislike anyone being late for an appointment. :)

I thought you'd developed a strong voice level by now.........since Peppers is located at the south end of the Ubon airport runway :D

ChefHeat,

Would love some great Mexican salsa. I have been making my own but not really Mexican.

As far as supermarkets here in Ubon I think you might not fair too well. In the last year I have noticed that shelf space for western food items is continuously shrinking. I think because they are much more expensive

it is the first thing dropped from the inventory. Lotus is growing the shelf space for Tesco brands.

Here in Ubon there are several stores that might be categorized as supermarkets:

Tesco Lotus

Big C

Yang Song Wan

Sunee supermarket at Sunee Grand Hotel

D in Warin

I like to cook some western dishes but usually have to buy things in Bangkok or Korat as they aren't available here in Ubon.

I don't think there will be much interest but you can ask. Maybe will have better luck with restaurants. There is a new Italian restaurant opening soon on Chang Sanit Rd across from Home Mart. The name on the sign is Spago's.

I am always hopeful that some stores would carry certain western items but in the 9 years I have lived here it hasn't happened. I was hoping the mart at Sunee would be a boutique supermarket and carry items the other stores didn't but that isn't the case.

Good luck.

Hi UbonTaz,

Thanks for the tips.

Well, if we don't have success with Sunee, you are certainly welcome to order from us directly :)

ChefHeat

Thanks for the referrals.

I found Wrongway's website, but not one for N'joy.

Will let you know if they express any interest.

First I have to review their menu.

Wrongway put theirs online - smart.

Hi MeMock,

Well, my wife contacted Sunee and spoke to Khun Nong.

With a little Cyrano-style coaching from me while she was on the phone, my wife was able to get Ms. Nong interested.

We will be sending a quotation and samples to her ASAP.

According to my wife, it looks pretty good.

So, there may very well be a free shirt in your future, sir.

Thanks again for the lead.

Mate - you were flying! I tried calling out but my voice was carried away by the turbulence you were creating!

I had to pick up some people at 0900, and I dislike anyone being late for an appointment. :)

I thought you'd developed a strong voice level by now.........since Peppers is located at the south end of the Ubon airport runway :D

Thank goodness for double glazing! Pity I cannot say the same for the Kitchen out the back! Work comes to a complete stop when those airforce jets fly over!

Thats great news Chef Heat,

Feel free to send direct to me if you like and I can drop them down to Khun Nong, that way I can follow up with her as well.

Thanks a lot for your sample for our shop Peppers as well, tomorrow we will put it to the test.