Electric Gate Remote Keyfob

I have an electric gate at the house I'm renting and inside the remote are a row of dip switches. Changing the postion of the switches both in the remote and at the gate motor change the code. Simple enough.

However, a friend of mine says his remote has no such switches inside. So my question is, how do you match a remote like his to the gate motor frequency.

I have an electric gate at the house I'm renting and inside the remote are a row of dip switches. Changing the postion of the switches both in the remote and at the gate motor change the code. Simple enough.

However, a friend of mine says his remote has no such switches inside. So my question is, how do you match a remote like his to the gate motor frequency.

All those that I have seen, including my own, have a row of 'dip switches' that give the combinations.

I can only assume that if there are no dip switches that it is a more modern type using a unique code RF TX (transmitter}matched to the RX (reciever) perhaps used frequency hopping for additional security.