Best Teeth Whitening

reenu

Whitening toothpastes are now an integral part of oral hygiene for many Americans. Some dentists believe that tooth bleaching is more efficient in the use of lasers and other light sources, while others feel that the effect of dental bleaching remain the same, with or without the use of laser or light.

I smoke and drink a lot of diet cola so I use Crest Whitestrips. I order from dentist dot net in the US and they arrive in 5 days at a total cost for two kits including shipping of around $80. Two kits is enough to keep my teeth clean looking for a year.

I can attest that they really do work well.

A few questions raised by the above posts: What is "sour acid"? Do the Crest Whitestrips only keep your teeth "clean-looking" or do they actually whiten them? My teeth are plenty clean, the problem is that they are more yellow than white. What is "have the get kit also" and what is "java"?

I've been using Sparkle Booster Gel for a couple months. This product claims to "whiten teeth" with "Peroxide Whitening Power". After using two tubes of this stuff, I must report that it has zero whitening power. Yes, it does make my yellow teeth sparkle, with a golden sparkle. This is not what I want.

Java is slang for coffee - get is typo for gel - sorry.

Many folks out west had yellowish teeth, lots of calcium, no caries.

Maybe try Da Vinci veneers, if ya absolutely must.

Perhaps laser will whiten them more than present, but get a real good dentist first.

BR>Jack

I dont know about the laser, as I went for home whitening (as i wanted to be in control of how white to make my teeth. Personally i dont like so much white that teeth look false or require sunglasses to look at :))

If you go for home whitening then initially I personally recommend going to the dentist and having a gel mould made. This will ensure close contact, even whitening, and less waste of the whitening gel. I also recommend for first time whitening getting the whitening gel syringes from the dentist too (usually included in the mould price anyway). If you experience too much sensitivity during the whitening process, then alternate nights filling the mould with sensodine (or similar) toothpaste (I believe this is safe, as it was recommended by my dentist).

Initially I was tempted to see how white my teeth would get, and at one point they looked too Hollywood white..fun just to see, but over the top for me (so yes, you can get super-white with home whitening).

I think once your teeth has gone through the first process of whitening, its easy to maintain. Its just that initial first whitening that takes a while (at least in my experience).

I first whitened my teeth many years ago, and havent done the same steps to the same degree since. All i do to maintain my teeth whiteness is to periodically use the moulded tray and add the Sparkle whitening gel into it (i throw away the generic tray they give you). I also occasionally use the whitening pen.

But, im happy with my teeth looking healthy white, not super white, and this is what personally works for me to keep them that way.

-------

As for your questions above. Forget about the sour acid comment, it was a joke...and "Java" is just slang coffee. - edit: Oops jackdaniel bet me to it..nvm :D

Edited by eek

A few questions raised by the above posts: What is "sour acid"? Do the Crest Whitestrips only keep your teeth "clean-looking" or do they actually whiten them? My teeth are plenty clean, the problem is that they are more yellow than white. What is "have the get kit also" and what is "java"?

I've been using Sparkle Booster Gel for a couple months. This product claims to "whiten teeth" with "Peroxide Whitening Power". After using two tubes of this stuff, I must report that it has zero whitening power. Yes, it does make my yellow teeth sparkle, with a golden sparkle. This is not what I want.

The Sparkle contains about 3% peroxide, so its pretty much useless. In contrast, the strongest brand of White strips is about 36% peroxide.

Peroxide is the stuff that is in the gels the dentists use to whiten teeth.

I have some crowns that were put in when I was a teenager and at the time they were whiter than my natural teeth. After using Whitestrips and nothing else the crowns are now darker than the rest of my teeth!

Your actual results will vary depending on the natural color of your teeth.

One of the big advantages of the whitestrips for me is that I can calibrate how white I want my teeth to go. I can't get the laser treatment because of the crowns as I worry that if the rest of my teeth turn out too white the crowns will look really yellow in comparison.