Place Your Favorite Music Video Here

• 2 weeks later...

I'd peg her range of a contralto, not so noticeable in Thai (Thai songs don't incorporate enough of the vocal range of the artist, IMO), but when she sings in English (American English, no accent), she sings like an angel, spanning what I would say at least 3 octaves....

In the top 5 vocalists currently at Grammy hands down... she can sing without ear monitors, on a crappy house microphone, without a supporting track, in an acoustically horrible venue, and still awe you... :):D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this is my favourite at the moment by Takatean Chunladaa (who i'm also madly in love with BTW)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItTMt4TedLc

i started translating the lyrics but didn't finish, here's what i have so far if interested:

The transliteration is from thai-language.com. The capital letter following each syllable is the tone indicator:

เพลง : มีคนเหงารออยู่เบอร์นี้ (phlaehngM : meeM khohnM ngaoR raawM yuuL buuhrM neeH)

Song : Have person lonely wait at (phone) number this

ศิลปิน : ตั๊กแตน ชลดา (siL laH bpinM : dtakH gaL dtaaenM Chunladaa)

Artist: Grasshopper Chunladaa

กุหลาบบนโต๊ะคอมันตกแต่วันอังคาร (

Roses on table, neck (of the flower) it fall Tuesday (the rose was almost dead on Tuesday)

มัวยุ่งกับงานรึไง ลืมกันจนวันศุกร์เสาร์

Engrossed in busy with work or how? Forget together with until Friday Saturday (are you busy with work? Have you forgot about us until Friday or Saturday)

ไม่มีดอกไม้ไม่โทรไม่มาดูใจคนเหงา

No flowers, no call, not come look heart lonely

ได้แต่ส่งยิ้มเซ็งๆ ให้กับรูปในกระเป๋า (daiF dtaaeL sohngL yimH sengM sengM , haiF gapL ruupF naiM graL bpaoR)

Can but send smile very bored, give with photo inside purse (she is getting bored smiling at his photo in her purse)

ปล่อยกันให้เหงา เหงาเดี๋ยวงอนให้ตาย (bplaawyL ganM haiF ngaoR, ngaoR diaaoR haiF dtaayM)

Let go each other give lonely, lonely or else displeased give dead (if you are finished with me, just let me go)

แอบไปกุ๊กกิ๊ก ทำตุกติกกับใครอยู่หนอ (aaepL bpaiM gookH gikH, thamM dtookL dtikL gapL khraiM yuuL naawR)

Sneak go woo girl/boy friend, do happy with who pondering (I wonder who you are sneaking off to woo?)

สัญญาณหน้าจอหลายวันเฝ้ารอติดต่อไม่ได้ (sanR yaanM naaF jaawM laayR wanM faoF raawM dtitL dtaawL maiF daaiF)

Message face screen several day watch and wait over connect telephone not can (she’s been waiting for a call for many days and she can’t connect with him)

ตำแหน่งที่รักที่พูดจากปากยังรักอยู่ไหม (dtamM naengL theeF rakH theeF phuutF jaakL bpaakL yangM rakH yuuL maiR)

Position who love at speak from mouth still loving? (you say you love me, but do you still?)

ห่วงกันบ้างเน้อที่รักของเธอคิดถึงจะตาย (huaangL ganM bangF nuuhrH theeF rakH khaawngR thuuhrM khitH theungR jaL dtaayM)

Worried with things (alarmed) at love of yours miss you will die (I’m worried and really miss you and so much I might die)

กุหลาบก็โรยร่วงไป ดอกใบรายรอบแจกัน (gooL laapL gaawF rooyM ruaangF bpaiM daawkL baiM raayM raawpF jaaeM ganM)

Roses also weaken fall off go, flower leaf place in circle around vase (the petals from the roses are falling in a circle around the vase)

CHORUS

มีคนเหงาเฝ้ารอเธออยู่เบอร์นี้ (meeM khohnM ngaoR faoF raawM thuuhrM yuuL buuhrM neeH)

Have person lonely watching waiting you at number this

โทรมาหน่อยซิ ดีร้ายขอให้สื่อสาร (thohM maaM naawyL siH, deeM raayH khaawR haiF seuuL saaR raH)

Phone call come (softly) (urgently), good bad I would like give communicate (please call me right away, either good or bad news, please tell me)

ฝนตกในใจน้ำท่วมในตาใครจะห่วงฉัน (fohnR dtohkL naiM jaiM namH thuaamF naiM dtaaM khraiM jaL huaangL chanH)

Rain fall in heart water flood in eye who will worry me

อยากรู้ว่าใจเธอนั้น ยังเป็นห่วงกันหรือเปล่า (yaakL ruuH waaF jaiM thuuhrM nanH yangM bpenM huaangL ganM reuuR bpaehM laaF)

Want to know say heart you, still is worried together or not (I’d like to know what you heart says, I’m worried if we are still together or not)

VERSE 2

อย่าเงียบให้เหงาเธออย่าปล่อยให้คอยนานๆ (yaaL ngiiapF haiF ngaoR thuuhrM yaaL bplaawyL haiF khaawyM naanM naanM)

Don’t quiet give lonely you don’t let go give wait long time (Don’t be quiet and make me lonely and make me wait for you for a long time)

บนโต๊ะทำงานฉันไม่ต้องการกุหลาบช่อเก่า (bohnM dtoH thamM ngaanM chanH maiF dtaawngFgaanM gooL laapL chaawF gaoL)

อยากมีดอกไม้ ซักช่อใหญ่ๆ เติมใจคนเหงา

ไม่อยากส่งยิ้มแห้งๆ ให้กับรูปในกระเป๋า

ช่วยโทรกระซิบเบาๆ ว่าคิดถึงซักครึ่งนาที

มีคนเหงาเฝ้ารอเธออยู่เบอร์นี้

โทรมาหน่อยซิ ดีร้ายขอให้สื่อสาร

ฝนตกในใจน้ำท่วมในตาใครจะห่วงฉัน

อยากรู้ว่าใจเธอนั้น ยังเป็นห่วงกันหรือเปล่า

อย่าเงียบให้เหงาเธออย่าปล่อยให้คอยนานๆ

บนโต๊ะทำงานฉันไม่ต้องการกุหลาบช่อเก่า

อยากมีดอกไม้ ซักช่อใหญ่ๆ เติมใจคนเหงา

ไม่อยากส่งยิ้มแห้งๆ ให้กับรูปในกระเป๋า

ช่วยโทรกระซิบเบาๆ ว่าคิดถึงซักครึ่งนาที