Who Knows What I Can Do With My Amber Stash?

mysterybkk

I have a ridiculously large amount of amber in my posession. It comes from Australia I believe. I once heard that you can sell it for high prices in certain places. Anybody know anything about this? I could really do with the spare cash right about now....

I have a ridiculously large amount of amber in my posession. It comes from Australia I believe. I once heard that you can sell it for high prices in certain places. Anybody know anything about this? I could really do with the spare cash right about now....

What colour is it? Dark or light yellow. Any imperfections or trapped insects etc.?

What colour is it? Dark or light yellow. Any imperfections or trapped insects etc.?

are you John Hammond from Jurassic Park?

Amber jewelry is quite popular.

Why not get them set and polished and sell them in bulk on ebay?

It's worth a try anyway.

Lol, I just think it makes for more interesting pieces of jewellery. Also if you check out eBay, you can buy amber by the kilogram for a few dollars but small pieces with trapped insects sell like hotcakes.

I would imagine the best thing you could do with your stash, is stash it,because I'll stick my neck out and say,it never came from Australia,because if you think it did then maybe it's not what you think it is.That's confusing me,e-bay,how much a kilo,I hope you have a lot.

ABC Science Online 2006

"Huge chunks of amber containing the remnants of ancient rainforests have been found along beaches in Far North Queensland, the first amber fossils to be found in Australia."

i'm not turning this post into an auction, i think that would be against the rules. just for the sake of everybody's interest however i will post some photos as soon as i get my hands on it. it's at my grandparents' place right now.

yes, it is polished, and yes, you can very clearly analyze the insects inside. lots of ants and mosquitoes. some other stuff too if i recall correctly.

i didnt think there would be such a big response to this thread. i've had this stuff lying around for years, no idea what to do with it anymore.

I saw some amber in the Dominican Republic in a museum and they were selling it with bugs in it was quite popular.

there lots of fake though. wouldn't trust the ones on ebay.

hard to tell which is real which is fake.

in the baltics, at least, the government issue certification of authenticity.

Take a look at a website called www.ukge.co.uk they have it for sale it may give you some idea's.

thanks mate, this was a good help and gave me some insight.

i heard the the japanese embassy once bought them at something like 1200 baht per insect for some sort of study. does anybody know anything about that? or maybe a similar program?

just solve your problem : give it to me ! :)

i heard the the japanese embassy once bought them at something like 1200 baht per insect for some sort of study. does anybody know anything about that? or maybe a similar program?

Here we are :) Let's begin the auction :D

Lol, I just think it makes for more interesting pieces of jewellery. Also if you check out eBay, you can buy amber by the kilogram for a few dollars but small pieces with trapped insects sell like hotcakes.

I have bought them myself on eBay.

Edited by bonobo

just a gentle reminder to all that Thaivisa cannot be used to solicit business.

FOr now Im letting the thread run, giving the OP benefit of the doubt that the intention is purely to ask for ideas of places to sell the product.

If you wish to advertise a business transaction, you are required to become a sponsor.

you can do so by contacting

sales[at]thaivisa.com

replace [at] with @