Family Firendly Hotels In Bangkok

topchilla

HI can anyone help me out I am trying to find a good hotel for a short stay of 2-3 days in Bangkok. It will be for me and my wife plus our 2 young children, both are around 2yrs old.

Can anyone recommend any hotels. All I can find on the web as being family friendly are the mega expensive ones like four seasons!

I am keen to hear from anyone with experience of a hotel in Bangkok with their family. Your help woul dbe much appreciated.

I have stayed at the Somerset Park SuanPlu or Somerset Lake point with

my wife and family (2 kids). See below for an outline of a two bedroom apartment at SuanPlu (near Aus Embassy on Sathorn).

https://www.somerset.com/en/thailand/bangko...rk_suanplu.html

2 bedrooms with a separate living area and kitchen.1 King size bed, 2 single beds, 2 bathroom.IDD telephone facilities, TV with cable channels, DVD player with CD and MP3 capability, hair dryer, clock,refrigerator,microwave. 100sqm

King and 2 single beds- Full buffet breakfast for 4 pax , daily maid service, scheduled Tuk Tuk service to nearest BTS, free use of gymnasium, free limited internet. Extra breakfast at B235pp for childred below 6 years old are free of charge. Prepayment upon booking is required and non-refundable.

THB 3,488.00 x 1 Night

Display Rates

• Rates are per Residence in Thailand Baht (THB)

• Rates subject to 5% service charge

Edited by Sporting Dog

There are a few options. I have stayed at oakwood, which now has two places on near Suk soi 22, never stayed at the one but I always stayed at the Oakwood near Rama 3. (Natathaiwa) not sure of the spelling.

Also you can check out the ambassador I believe its suk soi 11, cant recall. They have good rates if you book through Asia hotels.

Oakwood used to be around 2500 baht a night, not sure how much now. Ambassador I have booked through Asia hotels for about the 1500 - 2000 baht per night.

Hope this helps.

HI can anyone help me out I am trying to find a good hotel for a short stay of 2-3 days in Bangkok. It will be for me and my wife plus our 2 young children, both are around 2yrs old.

Can anyone recommend any hotels. All I can find on the web as being family friendly are the mega expensive ones like four seasons!

I am keen to hear from anyone with experience of a hotel in Bangkok with their family. Your help woul dbe much appreciated.

The Atlanta Hotel at the end of Soi 2 Sukhumvit is very child friendly, has a super Coffee shop, internet, travel shop a fairly decent pool, writers bureaus, and a travel shop.It is not rated (ie no stars) but well worth a stay

It is hostile to prostitutes, sex tourists ,catamites and anti social behaviour. Yobs get thrown out but they love families. Khun Roger is the gentleman to talk to ref. bookings. Dont just turn up as they usually have full occupancy. About £15 a night for an air con room on the 1st floor. I have stayed there many times with my wife and 2 young children. Let me know how you got on.

Try Suk 11 Guesthouse.

Its across the road from the Ambassador Hotel on Soi 11.

Nana train station is minutes away.

Its not a regular GH by any means and a quick look at the website will tell you that. They have a few family rooms but you need to book in advance because they are always full.

Breakfast included in the price.

www.suk11.com

Definitely stay in a serviced apartment rather than a hotel room: more space, more amenities, better value. Try one of the several Centre Point locations if you can afford it. They have very generous rooms including washer-dryer (great for travelling with 2 little ones), pool, kitchen, free wifi, TV/DVD, breakfast buffet. You can get very good deals for Centre Point on Wotif.com or on Centre Point's own website.

If Centre Point is too rich for you, try Abloom Executive Serviced Apartments close to Sanam Pao BTS Skytrain station. A bit off the beaten track, but it's quick to get places on the BTS (and there are great eats nearby at Soi Ari). For about 1900 baht you can get a generous 40 sq m. studio with kitchenette, pool, TV/DVD, breakfast and free wifi included. They have a coin laundry on the ground floor and free tuktuk service to the BTS. Try Asiarooms for the best deal.

The Atlanta Hotel at the end of Soi 2 Sukhumvit is very child friendly, has a super Coffee shop, internet, travel shop a fairly decent pool, writers bureaus, and a travel shop.It is not rated (ie no stars) but well worth a stay

It is hostile to prostitutes, sex tourists ,catamites and anti social behaviour. Yobs get thrown out but they love families. Khun Roger is the gentleman to talk to ref. bookings. Dont just turn up as they usually have full occupancy. About £15 a night for an air con room on the 1st floor. I have stayed there many times with my wife and 2 young children. Let me know how you got on.

AS LONG AS YOUR WIFE IS NOT THAI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Atlanta-Hote...ok-t244065.html

Take a look at the Imperial Queen's Park Hotel. They are located right next to the Bensiri Park, which is a beautiful park with running areas, a pond and numerous activities esp. in the late afternoon. The Emporium is also located closeby, at the other end of the park, closeby to the Phrom Phong BTS station. The hotel has a nice pool and workout facilities, as well as a large lobby. You can get a room for about $60 a night on www.agoda.com . Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...
The Dynasty Grande soi 6 Nana just dropped it price to 1800bht if you stay more than 3 nights. Without doubt the best value Hotel in Thailand, stayed there many times

A great hotel, and at 1800 terrific value not seen since it first opened... but having to travel past Nana Plaza every time you come in probably isn't the best for a family and young kids... just saying...

been there, done that, got the look :)

Daewoo

The Dynasty Grande soi 6 Nana just dropped it price to 1800bht if you stay more than 3 nights. Without doubt the best value Hotel in Thailand, stayed there many times

A great hotel, and at 1800 terrific value not seen since it first opened... but having to travel past Nana Plaza every time you come in probably isn't the best for a family and young kids... just saying...

been there, done that, got the look :)

Daewoo

No Way, just a 3 minute walk up soi 6 to Sukhumvit , no need to visit soi 4 at all. The kids will be safe but the missus will keep him on a tight leash :D

p.s the kids would have a ball in soi 4 especially if they are blonde, All thais love kids especially farang they would be hugged to death although not the right time considering the Flu thing

• 2 weeks later...
No Way, just a 3 minute walk up soi 6 to Sukhumvit , no need to visit soi 4 at all.

Soi6 is one way, so unless the cabbie knows the back way through the tobacco factory, you need to go down Soi4, stuck in the traffic jam outside Nana Plaza... Not so family friendly...

But yes, Thai girls do love blonde kids... narrak mak mak...

Daewoo

President Park on Soi 24 (I think).

Have stayed there with my family and it's fine even though the are 'Guest Friendly' too.

Good facilities and only around 2,000 Baht a night.

Grand Ayuthaya Hotel on Rachadapisek is also good, cheaper and a bit older.

Edited by PattayaParent

President Park on Soi 24 (I think).

Have stayed there with my family and it's fine even though the are 'Guest Friendly' too.

Good facilities and only around 2,000 Baht a night.

Grand Ayuthaya Hotel on Rachadapisek is also good, cheaper and a bit older.

Bally's suites @ sukhumvit soi 20 , Narai at silom road

• 3 weeks later...

I'm usually a pretty open minded guy, but after reading this post and then reading The Atlanta Hotel website, I'll be sure never to stay there. Its not that I am set on a night of heroine and underage prostitutes, its more that the holier than though attitude portrayed in the writing on the site makes me want to vomit. This kind of self-righteousness is right up the same ally with the guy who takes it upon himself to scream at the top of his lungs on the corner of Soi 4 with Bible in hand in a harrowing attempt to save the non-believers.

Thanks, but no thanks.