ADF Man Robbed Of Laptop By Ladyboy

churchill

THE Australian Defence Force is investigating a potential breach of national security after a naval officer in Bangkok was robbed of his Defence Department computer by a ladyboy he had brought back to his hotel room late at night.

Defence last night played down the security implications of the theft, saying the data in the laptop was of a low classification and it was password-protected.

The officer -- named in a Thai police report as Lieutenant Commander Peter de Maskens, a qualified helicopter pilot who received the Order of Australia Medal in January -- was in Bangkok on official business and had gone out for the night to the city's Nana Plaza, an entertainment zone in the city full of go-go bars and where ladyboys also solicit in the streets.

After returning to the city's Banyan Tree Hotel with his guest about 2.40am last Saturday, the officer blacked out inside the hotel room and did not wake up until 7am.

Meanwhile, his laptop, cash, a mobile telephone, two bags, an iPod, his passport and his credit cards had disappeared. He could not remember anything after entering his room. He is understood to have told colleagues that he thought his guest was a woman.

Normally unregistered guests at the hotel, which is used regularly by the nearby Australian embassy, have to hand over an ID card before entering a guest's room, but last Friday night the rules were apparently relaxed.

As a result, officers at Thungmahamek police station have little evidence to go on and have called for the hotel's CCTV videos.

A manager at the hotel said suites had in-room safes, plus there was a central safe for larger items.

Defence last night confirmed that the incident was being investigated. "A navy lieutenant commander staying in Bangkok had his personal belongings stolen from his hotel room last weekend, during his off-duty hours," a spokesman told The Weekend Australian.

"The personal belongings included a Defence-owned laptop computer. The laptop contained only the lowest-classification data and was fitted with appropriate security software to deny access to any information on the computer.

"The incident is under investigation and the circumstances of the incident are being verified."

The officer was visiting Thailand on Defence business with the Royal Thai Navy.

Asked if ADF personnel received adequate advice on practising safe sex while visiting Bangkok, the department replied that all personnel were required to read a country brief for the area they were operating in.

As the incident was still under investigation, Defence declined to say whether it regarded the officer's behaviour as inappropriate. Thai police were continuing to investigate the theft in conjunction with the Australian embassy in Bangkok.

Police reported that, in another incident across town at the city's Mercure Hotel on the same night, a ladyboy drugged a Korean client, but he was stopped as he left the hotel with the Korean's belongings.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story...5013404,00.html

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To all you ADF laddos out there - if its legs are too long, its breasts are too full, its butt is too tite, its hair is too long, its just way too pretty, it prolly aint. Even crotch grabbing aint no guarantee. Be careful out there.

BR>Jack

Oh, less we forget, its hands are way too large, and the ultimate Adams Apple!!

THE Australian Defence Force is investigating a potential breach of national security after a naval officer in Bangkok was robbed of his Defence Department computer by a ladyboy he had brought back to his hotel room late at night.

Oh, boy. That one's gonna be hard to explain to the boys back home... :)

Also his OAM should be taken from him!! complete stupidity with his handling of defence property!

Absolute rubbish. His OAM and this issue are two completely different matters. Next you will be calling for him to be whipped or something! :)

To all you ADF laddos out there - if its legs are too long, its breasts are too full, its butt is too tite, its hair is too long, its just way too pretty, it prolly aint. Even crotch grabbing aint no guarantee. Be careful out there.

BR>Jack

True, however the man blacked out from about 3am to 7am. He was probably either so drunk he couldn't see straight, or drugged. Anything that looked even vaguely feminine was probably good enough!

Also his OAM should be taken from him!! complete stupidity with his handling of defence property!

Absolute rubbish. His OAM and this issue are two completely different matters. Next you will be calling for him to be whipped or something! :)

Yes i know they are two completely different matters but one thinks that being given An OAM for exempliary distinguished service and then this mishap....im sure he will get promoted anyway :D all too often stupidity goes unpunished

The lady boy had a whip?

With him being a Navy boy surely it would have been more shameful for a women to have robbed him.

How the <deleted> he managed to walk out of the hotel with a laptop and 2 bags shows security must have been on the ball, those 6ft ladyboys (in heels) are hardly discrete.

How the <deleted> he managed to walk out of the hotel with a laptop and 2 bags shows security must have been on the ball, those 6ft ladyboys (in heels) are hardly discrete.

Yeap, that what i was asking myself and in a Banyan Tree Hotel :)

It's far from being a brothel

With him being a Navy boy surely it would have been more shameful for a women to have robbed him.

That's what i was going to post too.

Also, a hotel like the Banya Tree surely has security checking individuals before you're allowed to take them to your room. Don't they usually take ID details?

This is major embarrasment for the Banyan Tree as well.

Yes i know they are two completely different matters but one thinks that being given An OAM for exempliary distinguished service and then this mishap....im sure he will get promoted anyway :D all too often stupidity goes unpunished

Your almost 100% correct this time hunterdavies, he no doubtly will get promoted, hes probably a corridore walking 'Yes Man' and incompetent and will go places. These days there are plenty of <deleted> walking around with OAM's. :D

I am sure he knew that he had taken a ladyboy back to his room :D

Your almost 100% correct this time hunterdavies, he no doubtly will get promoted, hes probably a corridore walking 'Yes Man' and incompetent and will go places. These days there are plenty of <deleted> walking around with OAM's. :D

I am sure he knew that he had taken a ladyboy back to his room :D

I've seen alot of your posts lately and if i remember correctly this is the first time you have agreed with someone :D:D just a guess are you ex adf..

I am sure both senior and Junior sailors will find it hard to keep a straight face when talking to him .

" But Captain I didn,t know it was a lady boy i thought she had an umbrella down her dress " :) yeah sure

Myself being ex navy person you learn very early in your career to watch out for chix with dicks. " unless your that way inclined " .

I think he'd rather face a court martial than his mates after this story gets round. :D

Yes surely he'd have been better off saying he left the computer in a taxi with his passport in and wrote off the rest of the goods ....... Another quick thinking Aussie!

do you really think that the banyan tree would allow a hooker lady boy or not inside WITHOUT Id? Dont think so and an Thai id cards will show if it was male. Security cameras will show a female. If you think the department of defense wouldn't check this then you are mistaken. Poor batrsta=d he was named in today's the Australian so even his mum will know :D seriously what dimwit would take a lady boy to the banyan tree? :)

BR>Jack

A good advice by a Ladyboy/Katoey expert is always welcome. :)

LaoPo