Accomodation In Pai

muggins

There is a lot of accommodation in Pai, and especially in the off season. Sorry that I can't recommend any place special. We just stopped at a place in town that looked nice. I can't remember the name.

There is a lot of accommodation in Pai, and especially in the off season. Sorry that I can't recommend any place special. We just stopped at a place in town that looked nice. I can't remember the name.

Or, to put it another way .. No.

Incase you're dissatisfied with your chosen accommodation and would like to upgrade; last year we stayed at Belle Villa at the ned of town, before the airport. It's a rather nice boutique style resort with fairly smart bungalows. 1 night was 1700b incl dinner and breakfast for 2 adults and 5 year old. Lovely views and a small pool. An enjoyable stay.

Regards Bojo

Incase you're dissatisfied with your chosen accommodation and would like to upgrade; last year we stayed at Belle Villa at the ned of town, before the airport. It's a rather nice boutique style resort with fairly smart bungalows. 1 night was 1700b incl dinner and breakfast for 2 adults and 5 year old. Lovely views and a small pool. An enjoyable stay.

Regards Bojo

Or, to put it another way: No, not in your price range.

BTW, you won't need a/c.

Regards Bojo

BTW, you won't need a/c.

We spent a couple of hours driving around looking for somewhere pleasant, but one of my requirements was a pool. Pai seems quite open to the elements and most of the places we checked out didn't seem too shady and a pool seemed a good idea considering.

Not being a lover of hotels (cigarette infused carpet, slamming doors, stilettos clacking at 2am and lifts etc), we we're searching for a decent guest house or mid range resort.

After 2 hours we settled for Belle Villa.

I was rather hoping that someone might have piped in with an additional and more accurate response to the OP's request, letting us know of a 'well kept secret' that we could stay at, next time in pai.

I too would have preferred somewhere under a 1000b but for one night. However an extra 700b in hindsight was a good choice considering.

The next day, I checked out 'The quarter' @ around 2500b or so. Also smart but lacking that 'shady bungalow' feeling which we so like.

Keep the suggestions coming as there must be alternatives.

regards Bojo

Regards Bojo

BTW, you won't need a/c.

My sister's price range to be accurate. I'm tagging along and I'd like to be comfortable but I don't like the idea of yuppy boutique hotels. I'm sure 1000 baht would be okay. Are you sure about not needing AC? I'm a delicate soul and I like my creature comforts. Who would want to sweat the night away if you can be cooool?

By the way, I'm leaving at the crack of dawn (9am - will it still be dark then , I wonder)  so a swift reply would be much appreciated.

Looks like an early night for me then.

Edited by muggins

The Pura Vida is beautifully landscaped with AC and in your price range. It has an excellent view of the mountains but it's not on the river and out of town at the northern end of the Pai valley just down the hill from my place. Coffee and breakfast only so you need your own transport. You should be able to bargain rates under 1000B at just about any upscale place here this time of year I reckon.

There are a few decent places with swimming pools for around 500. One is called Blue Lagoon or Blue Skies or Blue something and it is near a good hamburger place that is in the Lonely Planet.

They play music at night sometimes, but when I was there recently, it was mellow, Dead Can Dance type stuff, which made for sweet dreams.

I was just up in Pai and stayed in Pairadise as UG recomends and found it good value. So did a lot of other people as it was full house, but still uncrowded. My only complaint is that they had no bum washers...only toilet paper.

I was just up in Pai and stayed in Pairadise as UG recomends and found it good value. So did a lot of other people as it was full house, but still uncrowded. My only complaint is that they had no bum washers...only toilet paper.

I can wash my own bum so the need for a bum washer person isn't important. 

Anyway, just about to head off, thanks for the advice. I'll let you know how I get on.

Btw - It's nice and cool at 9am isn't it? And it's not dark!