Bar Venue To Watch The Clarets Wanted

alant

hi all you football lovers, with just over 4 weeks to the new premiership season i thought it opportune to start to see if i can locate a bar in chiangmai that will be the resident venue for the burnley supporters crowd (current membership 1) to see the burnley game (now we are back in the premiership (technically we are not back in the premiership as it didnt exist when we were last in the top flight but who is worried about a technicallity?).

now i know there are some great bar owners out there and i am very grateful to kevin at the red lion last season for showing the play off final. so now i just need a venue where the burnley gsme wont be substituted for the likes of liverpool, man u, chelsea, arsenal etc etc.

come on bar owners, any chance? :)

hi all you football lovers, with just over 4 weeks to the new premiership season i thought it opportune to start to see if i can locate a bar in chiangmai that will be the resident venue for the burnley supporters crowd (current membership 1) to see the burnley game (now we are back in the premiership (technically we are not back in the premiership as it didnt exist when we were last in the top flight but who is worried about a technicallity?).

now i know there are some great bar owners out there and i am very grateful to kevin at the red lion last season for showing the play off final. so now i just need a venue where the burnley gsme wont be substituted for the likes of liverpool, man u, chelsea, arsenal etc etc.

come on bar owners, any chance? :)

Drop in and inquire at UN IRISH PUB and CNX SALOON BAR as both regularly screen all International Sport whatever it maybe.

When Reading were in the Prem League it was difficult to get to see a game in town unless they were playing Liverpool or Man Utd.

Those teams always get preference in Thailand, (then Arsenal and Chelsea) screening those games is gonna attract more customers, so I'm afarid you may have to do what I did ...which is subscribe to all the UBC sports chanels.

As a supporter of a relatively unknown taem in Thailand ..as Reading are...your chances to watch the games is limited, unless you pledge your aleigence to a bar owner for the season ie..you promise to drink there every week if he shows the game...worth a try

I dont need to do subscribe to the whole UBC football package anymore....thanks to your team ...bugger (still it saves me 7,000 baht a year so there is a positive negative)

BTW good luck this season.

thanks chaps, had not thought of the saloon.

ThaiPauly sorry about last season i thought you were going to be an automatic. your problems are exactly why i did this post, i do have ubc at home so i can watch and the mrs does love footy so she wont mind but it isnt the same as in a bar full of people a lot of whom are watching the game. most of the bars i know seem have an owner who supports a team anyway but more impotantly you are quite right, man u and liverpool etc are crowd pullers (allong with celtic) so why show burnley unless they are playing them?

sure i would go but that isnt much compensation.

if i cant get a venue to watch the game i doubt my chances of finding a place that will let me put up a bloody big burnley flag and call it the home of the supporters club..

Congratulations to Burnley on their promotion, always been my second team. My mate and I used to get to home games at Turf Moor in the 60's when Burnley were a massive club and two 11 year old's could travel the 18 miles from Keighley alone and in safety.

I was also going to suggest Pedr at the Old Belle. If the Chiang Mai branch of the Clarets supporters club is only one, I'm sure he will be able to host all your functions. I will be back at Christmas, as Leeds will have to wait for two more seasons to get to the Prem, I will support Burnley and double your membership numbers :)

Congratulations to Burnley on their promotion, always been my second team. My mate and I used to get to home games at Turf Moor in the 60's when Burnley were a massive club and two 11 year old's could travel the 18 miles from Keighley alone and in safety.

I was also going to suggest Pedr at the Old Belle. If the Chiang Mai branch of the Clarets supporters club is only one, I'm sure he will be able to host all your functions. I will be back at Christmas, as Leeds will have to wait for two more seasons to get to the Prem, I will support Burnley and double your membership numbers :)

small world, we could have stood next to each other then long time ago...

thanks for the support, i will pop down to the olde bell and see what goes

:D

Burnley v Man U (1902) - Very short but wonderful. :)

thank you for that wonderful bit of film and info, it is interesting that it isnt in the normal historical stuff about burnley so it was good to see.

I could have also been stood next to you, as a fellow Keighley boy! Good luck to Burnley this season.

Cheers, Rick

I could have also been stood next to you, as a fellow Keighley boy! Good luck to Burnley this season.

Cheers, Rick

Now if we started a Thailand chapter of the Keighley Cougars, we wouldn't need a pub...a phone box should be quite adequate :D

You might try Tuskers he has one TV downstairs and one upstairs and no particular allegiance to a team!! Also last season he did all you can eat ribs if you were there half hour b4 the game and half hour after for 100 or 200 baht I can't remember

Burnley v Man U (1902) - Very short but wonderful. :)

thank you for that wonderful bit of film and info, it is interesting that it isnt in the normal historical stuff about burnley so it was good to see.

The Red Lion shows two games live. The main game (Liverpool) is shown on the Big Screen and another game is shown on the other two TV's. I'm sure he'd be willing to put Burnley on the second TV, if only for a bit of light entertainment :D

Liverpool-Thailand  on Wednesday (2pm). :D

Edited by muggins

Cheers, Rick

Now if we started a Thailand chapter of the Keighley Cougars, we wouldn't need a pub...a phone box should be quite adequate :D

I think that even that would be too big. I hope that you get your venue sorted out mate.

Cheers, Rick

thanks for all the input all, still looking but we do have 3 weeks to find somewhere.....3 weeks bl**dy hel_l :)

Actually only one week Alan, Leeds visit Turf Moor next Saturday 1st August. Not sure which channel it will be on :D