Water Testing

sometime

What is it with the pool shops in Pattaya, I tried to get water test strips from three shops and all they could offer me was the basic Ph & chlorine liquid kits, so there is no chance in obtaining something like Aquachek strips. Or even a decent liquid test kit.

Where do other members who maintain their own pool get their water testing strips. Thanks in advance

Hi,

Sorry to hijack the thread but it is on the same kind of topic, Is the digital pH / Cl tester better than the solutions and strips? I would imagine more accurate. Is it just a case of dip it in the water and wait until it gives a reading?

M.

They have to be re-calibrated regularly, and the way you know they're out of calibration is by comparing the results to the solution (titration kit) or strips. If your vision isn't great I'd say use one, because it takes the guess work out of judging the colours, but accuracy isn't any better. Just keep your reagents or strips in a cool place and they'll do fine.

Even if you did decide to go for a digital reading, a photometer is better than a probe.

2066t.jpg