Outlook Express

petedk

I have just made a clean installation of Windows XP on my PC. I did this because I had lots of problems with damaged files which amongst other things wouldn't allow me to close down Outlook Express.

After installing only Windows I checked Outlook Express. It opened and closed very fast. No problems.

I then installed my Billion ADSL/modem router and tried again. Now Outlook Express takes a good 90 seconds to 2 minutes to open. Downloading of emails takes place during these 2 minutes so the program is functioning but it doesn't open and display on my screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I have just made a clean installation of Windows XP on my PC.  I did this because I had lots of problems with damaged files which amongst other things wouldn't allow me to close down Outlook Express.

After installing only Windows I checked Outlook Express. It opened and closed very fast. No problems.

I then installed my Billion ADSL/modem router and tried again. Now Outlook Express takes a good 90 seconds to 2 minutes to open. Downloading of emails takes place during these 2 minutes so the program is functioning but it doesn't open and display on my screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks

By chance did you install any software from your ISP when you added the modem and router? Some ISP software "tweeks" (read: puts their own lame skin and extras) your browser when you install their software. This can affect performance.

cv

I have just made a clean installation of Windows XP on my PC.  I did this because I had lots of problems with damaged files which amongst other things wouldn't allow me to close down Outlook Express.

Any ideas?

Thanks

check your dns settings

By chance did you install any software from your ISP when you added the modem and router? Some ISP software "tweeks" (read: puts their own lame skin and extras) your browser when you install their software. This can affect performance
No, I only installed the modem using the Cd provided.
check your dns settings

Sorry Darknight but I'm a bit in the dark there. How and where do I check them? I was guided through the installation by a guy from Loxinfo. (my ISP)

Sorry Darknight but I'm a bit in the dark there. How and where do I check them? I was guided through the installation by a guy from Loxinfo. (my ISP)

surely, something is wrong, most likely your O.Express tries to find active [default] connection at DialUp section, first. hence it's freezing.