Windows Xp

opalhort

Hi,

I will have a new XP PC soon (use currently Win 98) and like to purchase a good guide book in English for Win XP in an online store in Thailand. Tried AsiaBooks where I've bought many books online but they don't seem to have computer books.

Any suggestions?

opalhort

Your profile says Bangkok so l'm not sure as to why you don't just go into a Bangkok bookstore to see what's available. :o

Kinokuniya at The Emporium have a good selection of computer books as does B2S bookstores located at various Central Department stores. Surprised that Asia Books would not have a computer section. :D

I would suggest Windows XP for Dummies as a good reference for a first time user. I've seen books from the Dummies series at Kinokuniya before.

Your profile says Bangkok so l'm not sure as to why you don't just go into a Bangkok bookstore to see what's available.  :D

Kinokuniya at The Emporium have a good selection of computer books as does B2S bookstores located at various Central Department stores. Surprised that Asia Books would not have a computer section.  :D

I would suggest Windows XP for Dummies as a good reference for a first time user. I've seen books from the Dummies series at Kinokuniya before.

Thanks for your reply

yes I'm in Bangkok but in the very southern suburbs (Tungkruh) and HATE to drive into town (traffic :o ) that's why online purchase for something like books is very convenient.

Asia Books may have a computer section in their stores but don't seem to have one online.

I don't need a book "for dummies" (yes they are very good) but rather need something that goes into the details and tricks etc.

opalhort

Downloading same books online for free is even more convenient....

right, the best idea. I download all manuals and how-to's faqs etc, choose interesting subjs and print them for transport reading. just 10-30pages in the bag, printed and folded as I choose - very convinient for last years.

To print whole manual ( like Linux Reference Guide+SysAdmin Guide+COmmand references +... = 1600 pages) I use shops at Fortune @0.25B a page+binding @20B a book.

Thus I got latest manual I've looked for for quarter of the price. nice clean and very clear prints.

Another way is to download books on PDA - never tried myself, but pretty popular abroad.

rgrds